Friday, September 20, 2013

Party Frog

Good morning and happy Friday!  Today is a new release from A Day For Daisies called Frogs, Frogs, Frogs.  It’s a collection of adorable frogs…all different and all fun!  It’s also a challenge today to use buttons and bows.   AND, last but not least, please welcome our newest design team member, Juliana Swanson!
I have Birthday Frog to share today and he’s ready to party!
DPK_ADFD_BirthdayFrog
I started by printing the image twice.  I colored the frog on first image with Copic markers and cut it out. The second printing is my base and on that one I colored the hat.  I  then shaded around the base image (the one with the hat colored) with Prismacolor pencils and oms.   I used the cut out frog to pop up over the base image.  It really gave the whole thing dimension.  I went over the hat with Glossy Effects and ultra fine glitter and added more glitter on the hat trim and around the image. 
The paper is from the MME Life of the Party pad.  The sentiment is from an old clear set…probably a Studio G from Michaels.  I used rustic twine to make a loopy bow.  Ok, I forgot the button.  Whoops ;)
The designers have fun projects to share today so HOP on over to each one!
Now head on over to the ADFD Blog and join the challenge!  Can’t wait to see your entries! 
Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Carol Dee said...

OMG he is soooo CUTE.I love the Cupcake paper, too! HAve a fun Friday, hugs....

Juliana said...

He is so cute! I love the sparkly hat!! Beautifully done, Danielle!

Leslie Miller said...

He's a cutie in his sparkly party hat! A darling card, Danielle!