Friday, September 13, 2013

Wishes and Fairy Dust

Happy Friday!  I just adore this cutie from the new release Chubby Fairies and Little Giraffes from A Day For Daisies.
Hi, my name is Chubby Fairy…make a wish!
DPK_ADFD_PlumpFairy
I started by coloring the entire image with Copic markers.  For her dress, using rich colors such as reds and purples, not to mention black, I like to go back in and shade with a coordinating color Prismacolor pencil.  It deepens the shade and softens the edges.  I also shaded around the image with both an aqua and deep pink pencils.  Then I sponged the edges of the image panel with Wheat from a Versamagic Dew Drop.
Then I painted over her wings with a glitter paint…a really old one I’ve had in my stash.  In fact, I’m wearing some myself and it’s splurted out when I popped the top open.  Splurted…new word :) The patterned paper is from the Little Yellow Bicycle pad Fern and Forest.
In the blurry photo below you can see some of the sparkle from the paint, and also from a Gelly Roll pen and an aqua Spica pen from Copic.
DPK_ADFD_PlumpFairy_closeup
Please pop on over to each of the ladies of the design team and see their beautiful creations today!  Then go over to the ADFD blog and get your own cutie!
Have a magical day!
CTD_Signature_red

4 comments:

Carol Dee said...

Being a chubby girl myself. I adore these sweet chubby fairies. A pretty card with fun embellishments. Have a fabulous Friday. hugs...

Julia Aston said...

So sweet Danielle! love the sparkle on her wings and wand! have a wonderful weekend!

Curt in Indy said...

Your coloring/painting detail is amazing. I'm glad you showed the close up photo because it showed it so much better. Your coloring is absolutely impeccable. Best, Curt

Leslie Miller said...

Okay, you have a lot of great stuff here since my last visit and I'm just in heaven! This is so adorable! Love the vivid colors and all your special touches, including the curls in her hair. So cute!