Friday, July 30, 2010

Focus on More

Happy Friday! Today’s Flourishes Friday Focus is being hosted by Christine and it’s Less is More/More is More. While I have seen this done many times I have never done it myself-and it was fun!

Disclaimer: Photographer regrets lousy photos, but light box not at optimum position for the best available lighting…moving on…

DPK_FF_Jun30_both

I started with a sentiment from Life Lines and cut it out with a rectangle Nestabilities Spellbinder die. I then used another die to cut out the mat. All of the patterned paper is from Memory Box, Sprout.

On my Less is More I lightly sponged around the sentiment with the cardstock still in the die. I wrapped a piece of this lovely crocheted lace (which must be sold out as I can’t find it in the shop) around my background panel and added a few sweet hydrangeas from Prima with a Kaiser pearl in the center.

DPK_FF_Jun30_less

On my More is More card I did all of the above but I inked my sentiment panel heavier and also inked around the die cut mat behind my sentiment. In addition to the hydrangeas I also added several rolled flowers which I created from scraps of the Sprout paper. The outside of the flowers showed the pattern and way too much of the white was showing on the insides, so I gave them all a few spritz with Tattered Angel Glimmer Mist in Juneberry Wine. It’s gorgeous! I used a Martha Stewart punch and made several leaves also from scraps. I added more pearls around the flowers and in some of the centers as well.

DPK_FF_Jun30_more

Pretty, but not going in a flat envelope! Make sure you check out the focus today over at Flourishes and play along! You can check out what these other ladies have to show you today too!

Christine

Dawn

Leslie

Laura

Jami - Guest

Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

Becky said...

Both are beautiful, love the flowers and lace.

Dawn B. said...

Danielle these are so soft and pretty. I find it hard to use just a sentiment on a card.. This is perfect for that.. .Wish you could have been at CHA..we missed you..

Carol Dee said...

Both cards a pretty. The 2nd one is stunning. Happy Friday.

Jodi Collins said...

These are both GORGEOUS Danielle! LOVE the layouts and colors and the rolled flowers on the more card are AMAZING!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

These are both just beautiful! Love all the flowers!

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards Danielle,I love the tekst and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Tammi said...

Both beautiful Danielle, nice seeing the comparison...I lean towards the "more", wish I could do less on my own cards, lol! Love your flowers! Have a nice weekend! ~hugs

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my! You had me at the first one, but the second with all those pretty flowers is so gorgeous! Love them both!

Rose Ann said...

Both are so very beautiful, Danielle!! Love the colors, lace, and flowers!!

ChristineCreations said...

Oh MY! I love your rolled flowers Danielle! These are yummy cards!