Saturday, February 25, 2017

A Blog Hop Celebration!

Hi ADFD Friends,

Today is the first day of our ADFD Blog Hop - a celebration of all of the beautiful images Tammy has created over the years. As a special surprise for Tammy, we have a combination of current and former DT members participating in the hop. Her inspiring art and generous heart have touched us all. We want to take a moment to show our gratitude and thank Tammy for the blessings and joys we have received as members of the ADFD DT.

Our theme is “A Collection of ADFD Favorites” - so each DT member’s blog you visit will share something she has created with one of her favorite ADFD images. The hop has hidden prizes - a commenter from each hidden prize stop will win a choice of one image from the ADFD Shop! You won’t know where the prizes are hidden, so be sure to leave a comment at each stop of the Hop! Our Blog Hop will run from 7:00 a.m. eastern standard time on Saturday, February 25, 2017 until 9:00 p.m. eastern standard time on Tuesday, February 27, 2017.

This is one of my favorite images, probably because this pup reminds me so much of my own.  I absolutely adore everything fairy so this combo is a win win!



I started by printing two of the above images.  The first I colored with Copic markers and cut out.  I used the bottom image as my card panel and shaded around it with Prismacolor pencils and oms.  I adhered the cut out image on top with dimensional adhesives to raise it up and give it depth.  I traced the wings onto a piece of vellum, colored with Copics and cut out.  These I also popped up with foam adhesive and then used Glossy Accents and lots of ultra fine glitter for super sparkle!



I used Spellbinders dies to cut the bottom panel and shaded with Distress Ink with the die in place.  The paper is from the Memory Box line Jubilee.

Although I haven't blogged in over a year, I was preparing to get back into my studio and I was honored to be a part of this blog hop.  Wishing Tammy all of the best and so glad to have been a part of this special event and the ADFD family.  Her beautiful images will be a constant source of inspiration and creation for me!

In addition to the Blog Hop, we invite you to share your Favorite ADFD image in the final ADFD Blog Challenge. The linky will stay open until Friday, March 3rd. All prize-winners will be announced on the ADFD Blog on Saturday, March 4, 2017. We hope you will join our celebration of the thousands of images Tammy has created. Rules for the challenge are posted on the right sidebar of the ADFD Blog - the last spot of the stop! Are you ready to HOP?!?

                                      Alison
                                      Broni
                                      Cathy
                                      Cindy
                                      Danielle  (you're here!)                                 
                                      Daria                            
                                      Jen
                                      Juliana
                                      Kathy
                                           Mila
                                      Tanja                            
                                      Vera
  ADFD BlogPin It

18 comments:

Tami said...

Super cute!!

Michelle said...

This is a really cute card. I love how you got the sparkle on the wings.
Lg Michelle

Larisa said...

Your card is lovely!!!

OlgaB said...

Super!! Love the dimension and the way you coloured the wings!

Fikreta said...

so nice!

zub momi said...

Amazing card! Love the dimension and sparkly wings...super cute image :)

Bunny said...

You did such a great job on this card. I love the dog's wings. They are so beautiful. I read that you shaded the bottom panel with Prismacolor pencils and oms. What are oms? I use only Copics so I get lost on what some things are. Once, again, beautiful card.

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Adorable!

Beachsidelynn said...

Adorable pup. Great card idea.

Chriss America Real said...

This is the kind of card that I have to study for a while to see everything that you did! It is so lovely! I like the way you "popped" the image out and then used the glossy accent & glitter to make the wings. So pretty!

Hugs,
Chriss
www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com

P.S. I am a new follower, please follow me back if you like!

SiskiyouSue said...

Your card is simply adorable. Great technique!

Unknown said...

Ooh I've bit seen this image before! Gorgeous design and love the colour!
Lucy x

Unknown said...

not seen*

Catnip and kitty whiskers said...

Super cute! What a great idea to use glossy accents with glitter!!! Love the wings! :)

ellenmcrawley said...

Such a cute image and love your colors and technique!

Mel C said...

Who can resist this face! Great coloring, I love, love this!

Leslie Miller said...

I'm sorry to hear about another shop closing, but I'm GLAD I still check Bloglovin' once in a while or I never would have seen your post. This little feller is so cute and your coloring rocks as much as ever. Love those wings, especially. I hope you've been having a good time, Danielle!

Unknown said...

Danielle - I love the dog with wings!