Friday, May 15, 2015

Bee in Your Bonnet?

Or maybe in the Foxglove!

Before I begin…this is my last post with the Instant Gardeners.  Marcy is one of the most talented artists I have ever had the privilege of working with and it’s very hard to say goodbye to these gorgeous images.  But, I am taking a blogging break.  So many other things going on in my life…good things, but things that need more attention.  I have a few more postings coming up end of May and June…then the summer off…at least.  Thank you to those who stopped by and left me comments.  I haven’t done that for anyone in a long while, and I really appreciate it. 

I’m gonna miss this gig :(

Okay, with that out of the way…

It’s another fabulous flower image from Marcella Hawley!  This is the May digi release for Power Poppy presented by the Instant Gardeners.  Oh how I love foxglove.  It’s an old fashioned flower that doesn’t get enough attention in my opinion!

InstantGarden_ReleaseWeekGraphic_May

Just stunning artwork!  This was a fun one to color…and how I love those sweet bee’s busy at work :)

Here’s my sample.

I printed the image on heavy white cardstock …

DPK_IG_BeeFoxglove

Then I colored the entire image with Copic markers.  I used Glossy accents and some very fine glitter to sparkle up the bee’s wings.  I finished by hand lining the borders around the image and the sentiment with a Copic Multiliner pen. 

Please visit the Instant Gardeners to see their awesome projects and get inspired!  And you can pick up this beauty today over on Power Poppy

Broni Holcombe
Cheryl Scrivens
Danielle Kennedy
Debbie Olson
Jennifer Dove
Rhea Weigand

Have a fabulous weekend!

11 comments:

Kathy Jones said...

Danielle, I'm so sorry to see you go! :( Sometimes you just have to do what's right for you. You'll be missed. Your card, as always, is beautiful! Love the colours!! Hugs!!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Danielle, I am so sorry this is your last card with the Instant Gardeners! We are surely going to miss you big time! But I understand about having to make decisions like this one and pray that you will enjoy the time off and find time to catch up with the rest of our life. Your card is gorgeous, and I love the colors you've used and the elegant CAS with the doodled lines! I love it, my friend, and you will be dearly missed! Hugs!

Barb said...

Very pretty card! Great colors and I love the CAS layout. It's perfect for showcasing this beautifully colored image.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my word, so pretty! I'm going to miss your coloring as I have missed it a little more and a little more over time. I can surely understand the need for a break. Right now I just need a break from work, but blogging is still okay. Enjoy one less thing to juggle over the summer, Danielle!

Allison Cope said...

So sad to hear your news Danielle! But I do hope you have an amazing summer.

I love those amazing peachy coloured blooms! Love your doodled frame too! Gorgeous as always! Hugs to you!

Theresa's Studio said...

Beautiful! Love the doodled frame.

Carol Dee said...

Oh I am loving this set. I think the bees make it perfect! Toying with the idea of getting it for my STASH! LOL.
Sorry to see you leaving. But understand that there are important things and PEOPLE that need your attention.
Enjoy the summer. Big hugs, CAROL DEE

Liz Williams said...

You will be missed, and the thing I love most about this card is that it is not only beautifully done, but so easy to mail!!!

Lisa Lara said...

Gorgeous coloring Danielle. Love your border.

Debbie Olson said...

Danielle, this is SO beautifully colored--fabulous job! So sorry that you will be going. . .

memorial garden benches said...

Wonderful blooms! Great coloring. Your card is gorgeous!