Monday, April 28, 2014

Let Me Eat Cake

I just adore the whimsical image from Eat Cake Graphics and I am honored to be a designer for them for the next few months.  Today over at A Sprinkling of Samples and Techniques Holly shared this card I call Wonderful.

DPK_ECG_wonderful

I stamped Paddling in the Canoe with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on white card stock and colored it with Copic markers.  I cut the image with a Deckle Edge Rectangle die from Spellbinders and sponged blue ink on the panel with the die still in place.  I added a tiny bit of yellow above the boys head to hint at a sun.  I also added glitter to the water lines under the canoe.

I used a border punch to create the waves and also glittered the top of each.  It’s mounted on patterned paper from DCWV Summer Magic stack.  Then I finished it with a piece of grosgrain ribbon that I ruffled to mimic the waves.   The sentiment is from a collection by Kristin Bueter for My Time Made Easy.

If you are not familiar with Eat Cake Graphics you should visit the A Sprinkling of Samples and Techniques blog and check out all of the wonderful samples posted.  There are so many images to combine to create countless scenes…each one cuter than the next! 

Thanks for stopping by!
Danielle_signature

6 comments:

Carol Dee said...

Oh, oh, oh I HAVE to get this stamp! So perfect for the guys in my family. :) Your card is so sweet. I love Eat Cake images. Have a terrific Tuesday, hugs....

Leslie Miller said...

How CUTE! The dog looks like Wally or LuLu. We used to have a green canoe like this, too. Not big enough for two people and two Golden Retrievers, though. Love the water!

LeAnne said...

ADORABLE! Cutest thing ever!

Arielle H Gordon said...

Oh my, this is so darling! Love your coloring and the fun border cuts & ribbon!

Lori Barnett said...

This is so stinkin cute!!!

Lori Barnett said...

This is so stinkin cute!!!