Friday, May 17, 2013

Friday with Flourishes

TGIF!  And I’m not sick anymore!  I have been nursing an upper respiratory infection, ick!  Knocked me on my butt and kept my from my blog.  Sorry about that! But it’s Friday, and today it’s a Flourishes Free For All!

Today I am sharing another card created using the new Glamour Girls set released this month.  I love these vintage girly girls!

The sketch I used is this weeks Deconstructed Sketch #101.

DPK_FF_May17_2013_wm

I started by stamping my image with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Flourishes Classic White card stock.  I colored the image with Copic markers and used a Stardust Gelly Roll pen to add lots of shimmery bling to her veil, flower, and earrings.   You can really see it in the close up below.  I added sparkly dots to her veil…so elegant and fun!

DPK_FF_May17_2013_closeup
I used Spellbinders Classic Ovals and Perfectly Pierced Victorian Ovals for the image and sentiment, sponging Antique Linen Distress Ink inside each before removing the die.   I used part of a gem flourish behind the image and it’s all mounted on patterned paper from the Vintage Finds 123 Create Kit. 
Check out all the creations from the design team that will be sure to inspire you! 

13 comments:

Carol Dee said...

fun card, the the sparkle in the hat's veil. TGIF and glad to hear your feeling better. :) Hugs...

Heather Rogers said...

She is stunning Danielle! I love the soft buttery yellows and her sparkly veil. :)

Becky said...

This is beautiful Danielle.

Riet said...

What a beautiful card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Stacy Morgan said...

Love it... Oh Danielle the coloring is awesome and great use of the sketch. I love this...

Deborah said...

Very elegant love the colors.

Amanda said...

Ooooh! I love, love the sparkly you added with the pen to the veil and jewelry! I love your colors and the design! Simply a Fantastic card, Danielle!

ChristineCreations said...

The greys on her gloves are just gorgeous - such perfect shading. And WOW does that sparkly veil look great!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post however I was wondering if you could write a litte more
on this subject? I'd be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit more. Cheers!

My blog post; bass largemouth

Silke Ledlow said...

Danielle...this is just gorgeous! Love the cool effect on the veil and earrings :) !!!

Unknown said...

Ohhh this is so pretty!! Love what you did with the veil earrings! Bling is a fabulous touch!

Julia Aston said...

Glad you are feeling better Danielle! Those colds seem to just stay and stay!! I just LOVE how you have colored this image with the surrounding dots and touches of glitter - great colors too! have a great long weekend GF!

Leslie Miller said...

The images in this set are really cute and you did a beautiful and classy job on your card! Just the right amount of sparkle. I especially love how you added the dots of sparkle to her veil. Nice colors, too. Sorry to hear you've been sick, but glad to hear you're feeling better.