We're excited to welcome you to May's Release Challenge at Flourishes! May brings most of us to those warmer sunny days anticipating summer, and in some cultures May Day is celebrated by presenting loved ones with flowers or ringing the doorbell at someone's home and leaving behind a basket of flowers and treats....today we're bringing you flowers of our own, asking you to be inspired by the colors in this beautiful illustration...
HOW TO PLAY: There are so many beautiful combinations you can be inspired by! Choose all of the colors in the illustration - or pick three that work together for you and create! If you play along with us, you could win Flourishes entire May Stamp Release! If you upload to SCS please use the keyword FLLCMAY13. You can enter as many times as you like, but we want you to know if you use Flourishes stamps, your entry counts twice! You have until Friday May 10, 2013 at 5 PM EST to enter. Just make sure you enter your creation below using our InLinkz Widgit. Have fun getting inky!
I have a wedding to attend on Saturday and I thought these soft neutrals would be perfect to create a card for the happy couple.
I trimmed the image closely then popped it up on a Classic Ovals die by Spellbinders with a Lacey Ovals mat. I hand cut the banner that I stamped the sentiment on and layered it all on dp from the Basic Grey Porcelain paper pad. I added lace from the Vintage Finds 123 Create Kit and some pink satin pleated ribbon.
With this challenge, we also want to let you in on a little secret! Do you like the image above? Well, next week you will see this very flower in its full glory as our designers sneak peak the work of a brand new artist at Flourishes -- Sam Pickard! Sam hails from England and many folks have seen her work on her blog - Planet Sam. We are so excited to share this artist's work on polymer! We know you will love what we have in store! We know you'll also be inspired by our Senior Design Teams Creations so go ahead and visit:
- Amanda Havon
- Christine Okken
- Cindy Lawrence
- Danielle Kennedy
- Heather Jensen
- Julie Koerber
- Maki Jones
- Silke Ledlow
- Stacy Morgan
- Simply create a card using 3 or more of the colors of the inspiration photo above
- Entries need to be in by Friday May 10th, 5 PM EST
- Those entries using Flourishes Stamps will be counted twice
- You must link your creation on our InLinkz Widgit to be counted
- You must have a link to our challenge in your blog post or gallery post
- Please DO NOT combine challenges. Only those entries that don't combine will be in the running
- If you upload to SCS please use the keyword FLLCMAY13
- We'll announce the winners on Saturday in our Winner's Circle Post here on the blog on Saturday May 11th, so check back then to find out if you are a winner!