Thursday, January 31, 2013

My Heart Skips a Beat

Not done making Valentine’s yet…but only have one sweetheart, so I might have to send these into the office with mom and see if I can’t sell a few!
Today I am sharing another card made with the new set Roses are Red.
DPK_RosesAreRed_skipabeat_wm
I started by stamping my image on Flourishes Classic White card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloring it with Copic markers.  I cut out the image with a Classic Heart die from Spellbinders and with the die in place, sponge on some Angel Pink from a Memento Dew Drop.   I matted it on another die cut heart and a heart shaped doily.   The patterned paper is from Green At Heart by Basic Grey and I finished it with a little Black Braided Trim.   I also added a few buttons tied with Black Jute and a self adhesive pink heart gem from Prima.
Copic Collections used:
Lenten Rose CollectionLilac CollectionPistachio collection
Glad you stopped by today and I hope this inspires you to create more Valentines!  Have a great day!

5 comments:

Carol Dee said...

How sweet.

Riet said...

What a wonderful card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Unknown said...

WOW! Love the card and the sentiment is a MUST HAVE! That's going on my wish list for sure. Can't wait to meet you in 3 weeks. I SO wish I could learn to use Copic's the right way!
Michelle

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous card you have here! A beautiful design, beautiful flowers, and a wonderful saying! Thanks so much for sharing this with us.

Joan
MN

Leslie Miller said...

This is very pretty! Someone is going to love it. I generally need just one Valentine, too. Maybe one for my son. Only rarely do I make non-lovey Valentines for friends. In the past I've sold them at work and at my hairdresser's. Good luck!