Saturday, December 22, 2012

Safe To Post Now

I made this card for a friend of mine who I know looks at my blog…so while I made it several weeks ago, and it’s been posted on A Sprinkling of Samples and Techniques blog here I couldn’t post it on mine until I knew she had it in hand so the surprise wouldn’t be ruined. 

DPK_ECG_wherecookiesgo

I stamped this adorable image from Eat Cake Graphics called Where the Milk and Cookies Go with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Flourishes Classic White card stock and colored it with Copic markers.   I then went over the animals and also shaded around the image with Prismacolor Pencils and oms.  I coated the glass of milk with a Crystal Clear Glaze pen and added chocolate chips to the cookies.   The patterned paper is from the Authentique Festivus paper pad.  I used punches from Martha Stewart for the pine and holly borders and also for the holly leaves and branches by the sentiment.   The sentiment and mat was stamped and punched with SU punches.  Both the sentiment and image panels were sponged with a VersaMagic Dew Drop in Wheat. 

Both myself and my friend, having dogs and cats, and being huge animal lovers…I knew this card would be perfect!  I love these whimsical, comical, and heart warming images from Eat Cake Graphics! 

Is your shopping done yet?!!  I hope you’re ready!  Have a great day!

4 comments:

Martina said...

Ohhh...this is really too cute! I love the image and you have made such a gorgeous card with it! Great work!!!
Martina

Carol Dee said...

I Love, love, love this card. Eat Cake has some REALLY fun stuff. I have not visited them recently, Hmmm maybe I will get some Christmas cash to spend! The branch border punch also looks like a wish list addition!
Have a fun weekend, hugs...

Silke Ledlow said...

He,he...totally cute card! ~S~

Leslie Miller said...

Love! I've got a weak spot for animal images...well, especially dogs and cats. So cute, and a great card design!