Monday, December 24, 2012

Let it Snow!

Ah, Christmas Eve, I wish it would snow!  Just a little this time though!

I love the new chalkboard technique that’s been shown quite a bit lately.  I first saw it on Tammy’s blog here and she got it from Betsy Veldmans blog.  It’s elegant and fun and I knew I had to try it for myself!
I began by stamping the sentiment from Sentimental Christmas on black cardstock with VersaMark and embossing with detail white ep and after heating I used white pigment ink to stamp over it.

DPK_SentimentalChristmasChalk_wm

I used Spellbinders to create the snowflake, cutting two Fleur De Lis  pendants from glittered card stock and layering them together.  Under the sentiment panel I used a Fleur De Lis Rectangles die.  I used Liquid Pearls to make snow dots all over the panel. 

I used a Lil’ Inker Designs  from the  Holly Jolly die  and stamp set, holly leaf and berry die and attached them under two rusty bells attached with some rustic twine.   The polka dot paper is from the Authentique Festive paper pad.   I just love this fun technique and this card is really striking irl!
Try it now, you’ll love it too! 

Have a Merry Christmas!

No comments: