Friday, March 25, 2011

Time for Nesting

Today’s Flourishes sample uses the beautiful new set Spring has Sprung. I love the images in this set! Each one is sweeter than the next! I chose to use the lovely nest for today’s card.

DPK_FF_Mar25

I stamped my image with Versa Fine black ink on water color paper. I water colored the image with SU! re-inkers. I found this tutorial on Leslie Millers blog and it prompted me to pull out my paint brush instead of my markers today. I am so glad I did!

After water coloring I cut out the image with a Spellbinders Classic Square die and sponged around it while it was still in the die with Wheat ink from Versa Magic. Then I carefully stitched around the panel. It’s matted on a Spellbinders Lacey Square die cut out from a scrap of bright green paper.

I took some dark brown twine and rolled it between my fingers to loosen up the fibers and glued it onto the nest in small sections. I kept adding until I had the depth and dimension I was looking for. It looks like a real nest! See the close up below:

DPK_FF_Mar25_closeup

The patterned paper is from The Green Stack by DCWV. I used a Martha Stewart vine leaf border punch on green vellum for a decorative edge. Some green satin ribbon, lace trim, buttons, and a stick pin from Little Yellow Bicycle finish off the embellishments. To add the sentiment I die cut a banner from Lil’ Inker Designs and inked around it lightly then rolled the end and popped it up on the image panel.

Don’t forget that today at midnight is the last day to get the March new release bundle at 10% off! Visit Flourishes and don’t miss out!

AND Gambler’s Sale has dropped down to 45%! You really want to check that out!

Make sure you check out all the beautiful samples that our design team is sure to have for you today!

Barbara Anders
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Dawn Burnworth
Julie Koerber
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan

Jan Marie Caruso

Have a great weekend!

20 comments:

Joan B said...

so very beautiful

Anonymous said...

That nest is simply amazing!! Some many cool details. I like the vellum vine up the side too. Buttons who doesn't love the buttons? Great card! Definitely casing this when my stamp set shows up. :-)
Beth Greco

Dawn B. said...

Wow. That nest looks so real. What a wonderful idea. You coloring is so pretty. Love this set. Great job.

Carol Dee said...

Another Fabulous card. LOVE the very realistic nest. Ahhh Spring. Will it ever really be here to stay. (Cold again today, snow in the forcast.) Have a fun Friday, hugs....

iriseyes said...

A glorious card, Danielle! Such a realistic nest!

ChristineCreations said...

oh you did magic with that little nest Danielle! I feels SO real! Gorgeous card girl!

Tammy Hershberger said...

LOOOVE these colors, Danielle and that nest is AWESOME!

Traci M said...

You did great with the watercoloring, your nest and eggs are beautifully shaded! Beautiful card today, thanks for sharing!

Riet said...

So beautiful card Danielle,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Jan Marie said...

Hove very creative! Your details are amazing.
Jan Marie
Flourishes

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! Your nest is AMAZING and so is your watercoloring. Thanks for the mention, Danielle. Love your perfect papers. What a fabulous card!

Stacy Morgan said...

Now that is a nest... look at that nest, very clever Danielle. It looks awesome! Wonderful spring card.

Broni said...

This is GORGEOUS, Danielle! It has all the perfect embellishments, your watercoloring is beautiful, and that nest is AWESOME!!

Karen Howard said...

This is really beautiful! Love the image and layout you used! Your cards are amazing, I'm your newest follower. Hugs, Karen

Rose Ann said...

This is so beautiful, Danielle, and your nest looks amazing!!

Shannon White said...

Wow, this is such a gorgeous card! Love the colors you chose and your watercoloring is fantastic and your nest looks so real! 8-)

Gabriela said...

What a darling card! I adore your use of rope for the nest. Your watercoloring is sensational.

LeAnne said...

Sweetest card I've ever seen!

Barbara said...

Gorgeous, Danielle! That next is amazing--it does look so real!

Michele Boyer said...

WOW! That nest is amazing!