Friday, December 3, 2010

White Christmas

As the winter snow continues to fly (maybe in your area!) let's wash our cards and creations with white! Show off a little pop of color, but make sure the overall feeling is white! To enter our Winter White challenge, simply link your card up HERE. If you upload to SCS, please use the keyword FLLCDEC10. You have until December 10th at 5 PM Eastern to enter! Use Flourishes stamps if you have them, but if you don't, please play along anyway! The winner will receive all of our new releases for the month!

DPK_FF_Dec1_white

I used Poinsettia and Boxwood set and stamped the poinsettia on Flourishes classic white card stock and embossed it with with gold ep.  I painted the flower with white pearlescent paint and added liquid pearls and glitter to the center.  I ran a Krylon gold leaf pen around the edge of the image panel and layered onto a mat I cut using the large scalloped Spellbinder die from glitter paper.  I die cut tags from gold paper and white cardstock and stamped Joy from the Paperwhites set.  I scored a square of white cardstock on the diagonal at random intervals and matted that with more gold cardstock.  I layered some narrow gold printed ribbon on some wide sheer white and two small pearl strands finish it off. 

Make sure you visit each of the talented DT ladies to see the wonderful samples they have to show you today!

14 comments:

Becky said...

Beautiful card.

Leslie Miller said...

Exquisite! Be still my heart! This is so beautiful with the gold and white!

petra,s cards said...

beautiful!!!!!
xx petra

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous, Danielle....I was just thinking of doing a white card. I love it with the golden accents!

Carol Dee said...

STUNNING and simply Gorgeous! I am leaning towars white cards this Christmas, I better get busy! Have a fabulous Friday and wonderful weekend, hugs...

Julie Koerber said...

VERY regal Miss Danielle!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful Danielle! The embossing is fantastic and I like the gold touches.

Yogi said...

beautiful card. Classic

ChristineCreations said...

Oh WOW how classy Danielle...just the perfect touches of gold and texture!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

This takes my breath away! GORGEOUS!! I love the simplicity with details. The gold is amazing, the card is perfecT!

Amanda said...

WHOA! OH-My-Gosh! I love your cram and gold!! I'm ashamed to say that I wish I had thought of that color combo!! Beautiful, just Beautiful card, Danielle:)

Dawn B. said...

This is so pretty. Love this set in gold.. Great job Danielle.

jjcreations said...

Oh this is gorgeous....it almost looks like it's hand stitched.

Benzi said...

What a gorgeous poinsettia. Love the white pearl paint you've used and, of course, the gold embossing. Plus, a lovely, scored bg. Splendid card!