Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Wednesday’s Color Throwdown

Today the Color Throwdown is being hosted by Kristin and her lovely colors are…

swatch 121 

I couldn’t wait to ink up this cutie from Whipper Snapper Designs called Pilot Bradly.   I made this card for my son Sean’s birthday…he will be 5 the day after Christmas.  Sigh, my last baby…not a baby anymore. 

DPK_CTD121

Stamped with Memento Tuxedo black ink on Flourishes Classic White card stock and colored it with Copics.  I stamped the image again on red card stock and cut out the banner and popped it up over the original.  The Happy Birthday sentiment is from the Sentiment Flags set  by Lil’ Inker Designs.  The clouds are flocked and his goggles coated with a clear gel pen. 

Make sure you check out all of the great samples the DT has to show you this week! 

Tammy Laura Broni Barbara Kristin Cathy and our November Guest Designer Lynn Put.

13 comments:

Lynn Put said...

Oh this is soooooo cute! My little guy just turned 4 last month, they don't stay babies for long. I love all the details like the flocked clouds, popped up banner and glossy goggles!

Laura Pryor said...

Danielle, this is so flippin' cute! Thanks so much for the nod on the sentiment and I'm so glad you're enjoying using them! Great job with the colors this week and love your layout! I can't believe you're little guy will be 5 soon! He will love this card!

Stacy Morgan said...

hee hee Oh this is adorable!

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Danielle,I love the image and the colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Jodi Collins said...

This is SOOOOOOOOO Cute Danielle! LOVE this little guy and your amazing coloring!!!

LeAnne said...

Cracks me up!!! FUN card, Danielle!

petra,s cards said...

wauw this is so cute!!
xx petra

Carol Dee said...

How cute is THAT !?!?! The perfect BD card for a lucky little guy. :) Hugs...

Kelly Schelske said...

This is so cute Danielle!!

Broni said...

How adorable is this little guy??!!! I love his expression and the "squatty" airplane! Perfect for Sean's birthday!

Cathy Rulli said...

Cute, cute, cute!!!! Love it!

Tammy Hershberger said...

I am CLEARLY overdue for a shopping spree at Whipper Snapper! This guy is CUUUUTE! Adorable design, D! Love how you used the colors!

LORi said...

Too darn CUTE!! HUGS- LORi