Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Under the moonlight


These new clear stamps from Inkadinkadoo are completely irresistable to me! I bought 3 Halloween sets, one fall set, and one Christmas-all at once! My enabler burst out laughing when I saw them with her because she said I stopped breathing I was so excited! She loves retelling the story...not sure how I feel about that, makes me sound like a nut job. Only sometimes though :-)

Okay, so I keep calling these guys jailbirds but actually they must be robbers since they have masks on, right? Whatever, they are so cute!! I just shaded them with a Neutral Gray Copic (no. 7 I think) so that they would look like they were just lit up from the moonlight. Both the moon and card base were sprayed with Irridescent Gold Glimmer Mist and the moon was also sprayed with Glimmer Mist in Copper. I used a piece of wild wire in place/over the wire they are sitting on. And the birds are pieced over the wire. I felt like the top right corner was too empty but I didn't want anything to take away from the image so "the enabler" suggested some stars in the sky, and by golly, it was a good suggestion! I had some tiny stars from a small space set from Technique Tuesday.



I can't wait to use all of the other images from this set and the others! I am going to have to make mucho Halloween cards to justify all the stamps I bought, but I just couldn't help myself! I have seen many samples on blogs with the Christmas set that are so gorgeous but I haven't opened mine yet...one holiday at a time! Maybe. Have a great day everyone!!

Stamps: Inkadinkadoo, Technique Tuesday
Ink: Versafine
Paper: PTI Lemon Tart, Bazzill cardstock
Accessories: Ribbon, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, Wire, Copics

22 comments:

Shelly said...

Jailbirds came to mind first for me too, but you sure made cute little robbers out of them Danielle!

Julia Aston said...

These are just adorable Danielle! you just may have become the enabler yourself!!! (I MUST pracrice control - I MUST practice control!!!LOL)

I love this fun card that you have created for halloween! super cute!!

jjcreations said...

These guys are very cute. Awesome Halloween Card! Joan

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh so darling, love those cute guys.

Carolyn King said...

lol---totally cute. Love their little masks--must be robbers!
Adorable card!

Bonnie said...

Oh ya, robbers it is!! and brilliantly deduced also!! Cute, cute CUTE!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

You are soooo right!! These little guys just steal your heart!! What a darling little group. Love your moon and stars too!! WOW!!

Lauri said...

I love this card! What a great job!! I love the moonlight and the stars, too!!

Anonymous said...

LOL...the stars DO make a difference and these are such cuties!!

Heather said...

Cool Halloween card. I really like those owl stamps too.

Broni said...

This is just the cutest Halloween card I've seen in a long time! Love the "jailbirds" against the moon!

Denise Marzec said...

When I saw these, I immediately thought jailbirds too. Super cuuuuute! ...and I had to laugh at your story about stopping breathing...I think I've done that sometimes, LOL!

Candy said...

So darn cute!!

Linsey R said...

hehehe, love that story! don't feel bad, I've had the same experience more than once! :) Your card is totally adorable, Danielle! I love these fun little robbers, so cute! I wanna see more of your new Halloween stamps as well as the Fall and Christmas one! Too much fun stuff!!! Have a great day, hugs!

Kim Mraz said...

they are so stinkin' keyute!!
adorable card Danielle :) :)

Debbie Olson said...

Danielle, these are SO cool! I love that big moon behind them--perfect!

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

oohh.. what a pretty halloween card!!!
i need to get started :-) this is just fabulous
hugs
claudia

Rose Ann said...

This is super cute, Danielle!! I love the big moon and your fun ribbon!!

Anonymous said...

Totally cracking up about the jailbirds! THey are SO cute! And I could not resist them either!!! I have a stack of Inka stamps waiting for ink!! (I bet they're the same ones you got! lol.)

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

hi there :-)
thank you for your sweet comment today on my blog :-)
you are very sweet
hugs
claudia

Catherine said...

hey! i hope all is well with you =)
love this card.... way too cute!

Curt in Indy said...

This is an awesome card! I am so a fan of Inkadinkado stamps and have several of my own. Halloween and Fall are my farvorite times of year. Thanks for sharing this! Best, Curt