Thursday, July 3, 2008

Under the wire for the holiday weekend!

I made it back from vacation! It was fabulous! I am not a beach person, I hate the sand...and you'd know that from one of the surveys I had to answer a few months ago...but I really loved the Hilton Head area. And the beach actually. I spent a whole day on it too! My dh was impressed for sure. But I did suffer a little sunburn. My SIL insisted I was not burning and promised to tell me if I looked pink...guess what? Her idea of pink and mine are totally different! I really applied the 30 sunblock many times but the harsh sun and salt water did me in anyway. Not too bad though, and only in a few spots. The most noticable on my upper thighs, which now of course is a funny looking tan. Oh well, I guess I'll have to even it out this weekend. I did manage a few cards since returning and have a couple to share today before the holiday weekend.



Both of these adorable images are from House Mouse. Gruffies the bear and Happy Hopper the bunny below. They are stamped with Versa Fine black ink on Neenah Solar White ultra smooth cardstock. They are colored with Prisma colored pencils and oms. The dp on both are from the Basic Grey Boxer collection. Gruffies was embellished with prima flowers and Bella flower centers with a dab of Liquid Pearl. The magnifying glass has Crystal Lacquer for shine but I wasn't able to capture it on the camera. The base card is black with a scalloped edge which is hard to see on the black background...but the alternative was a white background with black cat hair all over it. Gross right? Afton has taken to sleeping literally in my light box so I swapped out the white cloth with the black one once sticky lint remover ran out...got to replace that...




Happy Hopper was embellished with two flowers from Michaels bridal collection. They are a frosty white and sponged with red chalk ink from Versa Magic and finished with a silver brad. The rain drops are covered with Crystal Lacquer too.

I want to wish everyone a very happy and safe Independence Day!! Have a great day!

Hugs~
Danielle

6 comments:

Shelly said...

These are just adorable Danielle!

jjcreations said...

I love these little animals - I think it's because you can see their fur so well. You've done a fantastic job, as usual, with the colouring and creating. I like that little frog that's being investigated by the mouse - too cute.
Good luck on recovering from the burn...I'm a burner too. Joan

Linsey R said...

these are both so darling, Danielle! I love your coloring, girl--it's amazing every time! I'm so happy you had a grea vacation, aside from your sunburn that is :) Hope you had a wonderful 4th and enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend! Hugs!

Rose Ann said...

Both of these are soooo cute, and I love your coloring once again!! Sorry about your sunburn!

Debbie Olson said...

Danielle, these are just so sweet--beautiful coloring!

Anonymous said...

Awwww...these are both adorable!! And your coloring is AMAZING!