The tile was inked with Distress ink in Fired Brick using a foam square. I rubbed it on to the tile until smooth leaving it lighter in the center and getting darker as I went to the edges. The image from Ducks in a Row is stamped in Black Stazon. I then used a scraping tool, in a tool kit made for the Stampbord, and scratched out some highlights around the flowers and the face. I used Lipstick Red Copic marker for her lips (appropriate!) and some pearlescent chalks on the leaves and flowers. I added the dew drop right where the watermark was and viola, my image was complete. I was really happy with how it came out and decided to seal it with Crystal Effects. While I love the shiny finish, the lacquer actually dulled the colors. It made the white highlights turn a yellowish and just about completely wiped out any sparkle from the chalk. The sentiment is from Hampton Arts and all paper panels are inked with Fired Brick. The patterned paper is from K&Company.
I thought it would be nice magnet so after I cut the cardstock for the mat I added self adhesive magnet strips to both the cardstock and the back of the tile. This way the receiver can remove the tile and stick it right on the fridge!
While this isn't exactly what I had hoped for I like it none the less. I made another one with brighter colors and a different sealer and that seems to have worked even better. I will post that one some time this week.