Friday, September 5, 2014

It’s Bloom Time

Good Friday morning!  We have a bevy of bloomin’ beauties from A Day For Daisies today!  The new September Club Kit is available and the challenge for this week is painterly effects.  The gorgeous flowers in this collection are just perfect for this!

DPK_ADFD_WCFlowers

I started by using the same flower twice on the panel, but making the second one smaller and flipping it in the other direction.   I used reinkers to watercolor the flowers and the background.  Once dry I painted over it with a fine glitter paint so give it some subtle sparkle.  I also computer generated the sentiment.    When I finished coloring it I used a micron pen to hand line a border around the image. 

You’re in for a treat when you see what the other ladies created!  Check out their beauties below!

Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous weekend!

3 comments:

Juliana said...

Brilliant!
I love how you manipulated the image and added it!!
Beautiful coloring, too!

Tammy Hershberger said...

OUTstanding, Danielle! I LOVE how you colored these flowers!

Carol Dee said...

Stunning