Friday, May 30, 2014

Day Three–Sassy Succulents

Marcella Hawley wows us again with her beautiful botanicals.  Today’s new set from Power Poppy is Sassy Succulents, a set that contains several different images of hens and chicks, and a few others with coordinating sentiments.

PowerPoppy_450px_JUNE_2014_SassySucculents

I just love Hens and Chicks…I have several specimens growing in pots all around my patio. 

DPK_PP_SassySucculents_wm

I chose a very simple image and a bold print paper from MME Indie Chic.  I love this combination!  I colored the image with Copic markers and sponged it with Wheat Ink from a VersaMagic Dew Drop with the Spellbinders die still in place.  I did the same with the sentiment and used a Labels Seventeen die.   I tied some twine and silk ribbon around it…a simple finish for a simple card.

The samples today are stunning!  I love what the Bloom Brigade created with today’s set! Check them out!

Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Danielle Kennedy
Julie Koerber
Katie Sims
Tosha Leyendekker

13 comments:

Katie Sims said...

How completely adorable this is....love the single succulent you have colored so sweetly and highlighted with your usual awesome card design talents and beautiful paper choices! :)

KimCreate said...

Love the colors in your card and the cute little colored image!

Allison Cope said...

It's gorgeous Danielle! I love the oranges and rosy pinks together! Such a darling card creation!

Julie Koerber said...

I have to say that paper is PERFECT for your darling creation -- just all gels in such a fabulous way -- from the coloring, to the layout to the little extras you added to make this creation special. Love this Ms. Danielle!

Karen W said...

Very pretty, this set is gorgeous also!

Juliana said...

This really is a beautiful combination (the paper and the image)!

Beautiful image and coloring, Danielle!! I like the natural bow, too!

Leslie Miller said...

I love this particular image in the set. Too cute, and how you've colored it and the papers you used -- fabulous! I really can't wait to have a little better quality time with this set.

Carol Dee said...

Somewhere over the years my had and chicks vanished. So I have just add a new one to my rock garden. Another pretty set and lovely card creations.

Chriss Blagrave said...

Love this, adorable with that sentiment!

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, that paper is perfect, Danielle! And your coloring and great layout are wonderful! Fabulous card and great set!! Hugs!

loulou said...

Great card. The bold pattern in the background looks fab. I love these succulents and the fantastic sentiments.

Stacy Morgan said...

Cozy feeling, the designer paper is a great touch. Very pretty.

Cindy Lawrence said...

Oh my goodness, I love this! It takes me right to the tropics (I wish!). Your sweetly colored image is the perfect compliment to that gorgeous background paper. Beautiful card, Danielle!