Thursday, August 22, 2013

Hi There!

I got my hands on new rubber from Purple Onion Designs several weeks ago and finally started inking them up!  These cuties are  new from Stacey Yacula Studios.
This is Shadow.  Isn’t he adorable?!

DPK_POD_BlueOwl

I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and based it with Copic markers.  I then used Prismacolor pencils and oms to shade over the marker and around the image.   I sponged Wheat ink around the image panel with a VersaMagic Dew Drop.   I used Stickles to add some sparkle to the image also.

The patterned paper is from Simple Stories Vintage Bliss collection.  I used several scraps of solid coordinating cardstock to punch leaves, using a Martha Stewart punch, and lined them up as a border along the edge of the image.  I used a stylus to add a vein to each leaf for a little texture.   The dark teal mat was cut with a border punch also from MS, the pattern repeating the branch that Shadow is standing on.
 
Tomorrow is a new image from A Day For Daisies, so join me and the DT to see all new creations!

Thanks for stopping by and have a nice day!

3 comments:

Carol Dee said...

Awww Shadow is a sweet little owl. Love those Purple Onion designs.

Julia Aston said...

A wonderful forest card Danielle! love that cute owl!

Leslie Miller said...

He's adorable, Danielle! Pure sweetness! I could have sworn those leaves were die cuts. That center vein makes all the difference. I just love this kind of happy, feel-good card!