Friday, April 5, 2013

It’s just around the corner!

Ahhhh..... summer will be here before we know it and... that means longer days, hotter nights, sitting under the stars and soaking up the nice weather. We know the grass is just starting to green up and spring flowers haven't even really begun to see their full glory -- but that doesn't mean we can't celebrate those warmer days ahead! We're getting in the spirit of outdoor fun now and if you play along with us, you could win Flourishes' entire April release! All you need to do is play in the...
 SummerLovinChallenge

HOW TO PLAY: To join us in this challenge, all you need to do is be inspired by this beautiful color palette above OR create with summer in mind! This one can be loosely interpreted -- bottom line, we just want to see the fun things you create! If you upload to SCS, please use the keyword FLLCAPR13. Enter as many times as you like, but know that if you use Flourishes stamps, your entry counts twice! You have until April 12, at 5PM EST to enter. Just make sure you link your creation up below using our Inlinkz widget. As we said, winner gets our full April Release. So get those fingers inky!

What is more summer than watermelons?  So I pulled out the Wild For Watermelon set.  I stamped the wedge on Flourishes Classic White card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink once on the main panel with the sentiment, then again on a scrap.  I colored both with Copics, cutting out the second one and popping it up over the first one on the main panel. 

DPK_FF_Apr5_2013_wm
I shaded around the wedge with Prismacolor pencils and oms and sponged the edge of the panel with Distress Ink in Antique Linen.  I did some wonky stitching, not necessarily intentional, lol, then added a button tied with some kraft jute as a simple embellishment.    The patterned paper is from MME Marketplace. 
If you need a little inspiration, it’s never far away with our design team’s creations! Hop on over and see…

18 comments:

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Karen W said...

Very nice, I love watermelon and it looks so yummy!!

Connie MacFarlane said...

Mmmmm, watermelon. Beautifully coloured, looks ready to eat.

KimCreate said...

Love your card and the lovely plaid paper! I must dig my piece of that paper out!

Carol Dee said...

CUTE

Julie Koerber said...

Well isn't this the cutest thing... EVER!! This card just makes me smile and it is 100% summer!!

TLady said...

LOOOOOOOOOOOVE your card Danielle!!! I feel like I'm at a picnic table ready to enjoy that juicey watermelon you've placed out for me to enjoy!!!!!! :) Hmmm, MAYBE even a "Watermelon Seed Spit'in Contest????" :)

Stacy Morgan said...

ACK!!! My mouth watered when I scrolled down. LOL Yummy Danielle, very CAS design too.

Becky said...

What a great card. Wonderful summer colors and great job with the pencils on the watermelon.

Tricia T said...

This.is.adorable! Those colors are just wonderful and I love the little flags and how you colored the watermelon. Mmmmmmmm.... : )

Tricia

Amanda said...

Danielle, I can't stop looking at your card, it's so amazing! The colors are so soft and your watermelon looks delicious! :)

Allison Cope said...

*Giggle* What a cute card Danielle! Lovin' the sentiment. Sure does remind me of summer! Great job on the card!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Absolutely, love your card. The colors are perfect as is that paper.

Heather Rogers said...

Very cute! Watermelon definitely makes me think of summer. Yum! :)

Leslie Miller said...

I love this sweet and simple card design for this cute set. A perfect summertime card!

Unknown said...

This is just perfect for summer!! Love the simplicity and your design!

ChristineCreations said...

Oh yum! Perfect summer! You would not believe how much watermelon my kids ate this past week in Mexico!

redwasher1 said...

This so gorgeous! Love everything about your card.