Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Timeless Tuesday #198

Hello readers!  This week Amanda Havon is hosting Timeless Tuesday at Flourishes and the theme is anything but a card.  I always give Gift Cards and putting them in fun handmade holders is a really nice way to present them.
I know from the front it looks like a regular card, but it holds a standard sized gift card inside.  I began with Flourishes Classic Ivory card stock for the base and covered it with paper from the Recollections paper pad Holly Day Wishes. 
DPK_TT198
I stamped Santa’s hat from the Dear Santa set on Flourishes card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored it with Copic markers.  I used a Spica Pen on the bells for a little sparkle and Marvy Liquid Applique on the hat brim and pom pom for dimension and texture.  I used the Classic Circles large and Picot Edge Circle dies from Spellbinders for the image and mat.
From the side you can see the pocket holding the gift card.
DPK_TT198_sideview
The image of the inside below shows the Velcro I added for the closure.  Keep the card safe and snug with it closed, or you can stand it like a card for display.
DPK_TT198_inside
Visit the Flourishes blog for the Timeless Tuesday post and to join in the fun this week!
See you back here on Friday to kick off the up coming Flourishes release week!

2 comments:

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Amanda said...

What a great gift card holder, Danielle :) I love the velcro tab closure - Genius! And I love that puff on your beautifully colored Santa hat :)

Thank you for playing along with us :)