Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Getting Closer

To Christmas that is!  Happy Tuesday everyone.  Today I am sharing one of the Christmas cards I created with a new Lili of the Valley stamp I picked up called Teddy with Robin.

DPK_LOTV_Bearbluebird

I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Flourishes Classic White card stock and colored it with Copic markers.  I added texture to it by wetting the end of a piece of terry cloth (from an old towel/rag) with Blending Solution and dabbing it on the colored bear.    I kept the Spellbinders die in place after cutting to sponge around the edges of the image with Wheat Ink from a VersaMagic Dew Drop.  The shading around the image and for the snow was done with Prismacolor Pencils and oms and I added glitter for a little sparkle.   After stamping and punching the tag I used an Essentials Glue Pad and glittered it up as well.   The patterned paper is from The Bo Bunny Blitzen 6x6 pad. 

I’m usually last minute, especially during the holiday season, but I am going to try to get all of my Christmas cards posted before Christmas day!  I mailed mostly photo cards of my kids, so that cut down on the need to make uber dozens of handmade, whew! 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

1 comment: