Thursday, December 20, 2012

Birches in Winter

I couldn’t resist this beautiful image from Hampton Art that I picked up in Michaels a few weeks ago.  I promised I was not going to buy another wood mounted stamp, but I just loved it! (and it was on sale!)
I couldn’t decide what color to stamp it and in searching for gray ink I found a much neglected Brilliance Lightning Black ink pad.  It has this gorgeous gold shimmer to it and it was just perfect for this image.

DPK_HamptonArt_Birches

After stamping the image I hit it with the heat gun to set it and then colored in the cardinals with a Copic R46.    For the card above I used a Spellbinders M-Bossabilities folder called Winter Wonders.  I used a chunky glitter at the bottom.

For the card below, just a simple white mat, stamping the sentiment from Poinsettia and Pine below the image.  I used a fine glitter on the bottom of this one.

DPK_HamptonArt_Birches2

These were quick, easy, and pretty cards that were perfectly mailable and easy to mass produce, so I made several! 

See you back here on Friday for a Flourishes Favorite!

4 comments:

debby4000 said...

Wonderful, beautiful card
luv
Debby

Tammy Hershberger said...

These are both awesome, Danielle! LOVE the beautiful, bright red. And I hear you on not buying more wood-mount stamps, but in this case it was clearly a good buy! :)

Carol Dee said...

Stunning card. I LOVE birch trees, especially in a winter landscape. The cardinals add a pop of brightness. Hugs...

Julia Aston said...

Ohhhh - Love this stamp Danielle! and the pretty colors and glitter you used! Merry Christmas!!