Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Wednesday’s Color Throwdown

swatch 193

Happy Wednesday!  Todays Color Throwdown challenge is being hosted by Wanda and she has some bold colors for us for sure!  I had never heard of Marvelous Magenta and didn’t have anything close to it…so I went with a bright pink.  So while the colors aren’t exact, they are all in the same color family.  Fun combo!

So I inked up some new images from the Stacey Yacula Studio  from Purple Onion Designs.   I love these new weird and whimsical images!

DPK_CTD193

I began by stamping the frog on Flourishes Classic White card stock then masking it and stamping the flower trio beside it so it appears that the frog is in the front.   I then colored all of the images with Prismacolor pencils and blended with oms.  Before I did that, I base coated all of the images with a light shade Copic in a similar color.

I continued to shade around the image with Prismacolor pencils and oms, then sponged all around the panel with Distress Ink in Antique Linen.  I finished by adding glitter to the flowers, the grassy mound, and the frogs spots.  I also used a Clear Glaze pen on his eyes to give them some life. 

The paper is all from the Basic Grey Green At Heart 6x6 pad.  I hand cut the banner that the sentiment is stamped on and I stitched around the image panel…still working on getting those stitches straight though, lol!

Check out the wonderful samples by our design team this week!

Broni ~ Barbara ~ Tammy ~ Lori ~ Wanda ~ Joan ~ Lynn ~ Kerri ~ and our May Guest Designer Kittie Caracciolo

9 comments:

Carol Dee said...

Oh My Goodness, that froggie is Sooooo CUTE! love the papers, hey, I HAVE that one. :) Sweet. Have a wonderful Wednesday, hugs...

Julia Aston said...

I just bought that Cute Froggie - I LOVE how you've colored him and the flower - thanks for all the details on how you did it!

Joan Ervin said...

OMG!! The little frog is adorable, Danielle, and your coloring looks fantastic!!!! Thanks for the link...I'll have to go check out those fun stamps!!!

Leslie Miller said...

Great colors and such a pretty inspiration photo! I love it when you color up these fun and funky images. They're just happy to look at. So cute!

Lynn Put said...

How adorable! This frog image and how you've colored it is too stink in' cute! Such a fun card!

Jodi Collins said...

Danielle! I LOVE this! What an ADORABLE image and your coloring is GORGEOUS!!

Denise Marzec said...

Gorgeous, Danielle! I love the pink highlighting!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Danielle, this is fabulous! AWESOME coloring, especially the magenta shading behind the image!

Lori said...

This is adorable! Love how you colored the image--the shading around the image is fabulous!