Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Wednesday means Color Throwdown!

swatch 172
It’s our last Color Throwdown of 2011 and our hostess with the mostess is Kerri!   Isn’t that a  bright fun array of colors!   At first I was a bit perplexed with them, then sitting on my desk right in front of me was Anna Wights Cozy Critters stamp set from Whipper Snapper Designs.  It was just perfect for this challenge!
DPK_CTD172
Now you say, Danielle, isn’t there a penguin in this set?  And I say, why yes, yes there is.  Okay, I planned on using the penguin image as my adorable Jillibean paper from the Christmas Eve Chowder line has all of these penguins on it, but some wires crossed, I stamped and colored the owl, then realized he was NOT a penguin.  Still a bird.  Yes, he flies, penguins don’t.  But they both could eat fish…if an owl could  just dive into the water and…oh never mind.  He’s cute anyway!
In the picture below you can see the tinsel glitter from Recollections that I added to his scarf and then Stickles in Icicle and Stardust that I added the sentiment.  I used a Martha Stewart icicle border punch for that.
DPK_CTD172_closeup
Make sure you visit all the ladies below to see their great creations.  And you must join in for the last CTD of the year!  Visit the blog for all the details!
Broni ~ Barbara ~ Tammy ~ Lori ~ Wanda ~ Joan ~ Kristin ~ Lynn~Kerri and our November Guest Designer Lydia Fielder

9 comments:

Barbara said...

Yeah, owl, penguin...they're similar. I can see that ;-) Adorable card, Danielle! And I love how you used that icicle border for the sentiment--genius!

Broni said...

SO cute, Danielle! Is that an owl??? JK, he's adorable! And I really love your icicles!

Carol Dee said...

OMG this is the cutest card EVER!

Lynn Put said...

Super cute card Danielle! Love this adorable little owl and icicles!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Danielle.

Hugs Riet.xx

Wanda Cullen said...

Danielle, this is just too cute! Love the sparkling icicle detail with the sentiment...so creative!

Lori said...

Owl, penguin--it doesn't matter at all! Whatever it is, it's adorable! Love the icicles at the bottom of the sentiment panel.

Joan Ervin said...

Super cute, Danielle...the paper you used goes perfectly with that darling image and how cool is that icicle dripping sentiment!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

This is SO cute, Danielle! That owl is darling and I love how you did the sentiment on that little piece with icicles!