Friday, December 2, 2011

I can’t believe it’s December already!

Wow, the days are flying by!  My Christmas shopping is almost done (thank God for Etsy!) but I still have lots of crafting to do.   Flourishes has a new calendar for 2012 and it’s in a 4 x 6 format.  It’s a nice size to frame.   You can find it here for only $2!
I decided to use Christmas Candles for a December calendar page.
DPK_FF_Dec2_2011_wm
After printing the calendar I stamped the candle image and colored it with Copic markers.  I shaded around the image with Prismacolor pencils and oms.  Then I glittered up those candles!  I wanted them to look like frosted pillars so I covered them with Crystal Effects and poured on the glitter.  It’s a clear chunky glitter with lots of texture.   I freehanded some black lines to frame the page with a black Copic Multiliner.   Just for a whimsical touch I colored a piece of vellum with a YG13 Copic marker then punch out a tiny Christmas tree and adhered it over the 25.   It’s a very plain page, but I left it that way until I decide if it’s going to be a card or part of a full calendar.  Then I can embellish appropriately.  Less is more is me anyway ;)
The design team has wonderful ideas and samples of calendar pages too, so check them out! 
Barbara Anders
Julie Koerber
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Danielle Kennedy
Dawn Burnworth
Stacy Morgan
Tammy Hershberger
Sharon Doolittle
And have a great weekend!

9 comments:

Riet said...

So gorgeous Danielle.

Hugs Riet.xx

Dawn B. said...

I love how you stamped the Christmas tree on your date. That looks awesome. I am almost done shopping too. I am ready to not fight any crowds and shopped online too. :) In my jammies besides. Have a great day.

Amanda said...

How Gorgeous is this?! I love, everything about your calender! I love your colors and coloring, and those free hand lines around the calender is perfect!! I love it all :)

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful and simple. Love what you did with the image and the chunky glitter.

Queen Mary said...

GORGEOUS choice for December! I love it! I'm so getting these/this download!

Julia Aston said...

this is SO pretty Danielle! love those candles and your wonderful coloring! love the idea of a calendar card!

Sandy said...

I am gonna try so hard to keep up with y'all - if I can't, will just follow you fabulous dog.
Thanks for the info Danielle!
sandy

ChristineCreations said...

I love the glittery candles! This is so pretty Danielle!

Tammy Hershberger said...

This is beautiful Danielle, and I love how you glittered it up! I need a tutorial on how you did that! :)