Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Wednesday’s Color Throwdown

swatch 168
Todays fun color combo is brought to us by Keva!   I found several of these colors in my MME Darling Deer paper pad.  I picked up this adorable image from The Artful Stamper at a stamp show a couple of weekends ago so I thought we’d try out these colors. 
DPK_CTD168
I stamped the image on PTI ivory card stock and colored it with Copics.  I stamped the stockings again on a separate pieced of paper and colored them and pieced them on the image panel, but before I did that I shaded around them with Prismacolor Pencils and oms.  I used two ribbons, one is Faux Suede Ruffle from May Arts and I used a scrap of crinkly red ribbon to make the bow and added a bell.   The Dear Santa sentiment is from Sentimental Christmas by Flourishes.
I love these fun stockings and can’t wait to do them in some bright colors too.  Now check out the DT’s awesome samples with this weeks color challenge…and make sure you head over to the Color Throwdown to join in on the challenge with us! 
Have a great day!
Broni ~ Barbara ~ Tammy ~ Laura ~ Keva ~ Lori ~ Wanda ~ Joan ~ Kristin ~ Lynn~Kerri and our November Guest Designer Lydia Fielder

14 comments:

Carol Dee said...

My favorite day is color throwdown. The BG paper was perfect. That image is ADORABLE. Hugs..

Joan Ervin said...

I sooo need that adorable image, Danielle....it is soooo cuuuute!!!! The papers match beautifully and the little bell is the perfect detail!!!

Keva said...

This is so pretty! Those stockings are pretty cool and I like the 'glow' around them..great card!

Barbara said...

Love these stockings, Danielle! Cute, cute card!

Lynn Put said...

Wonderful card Danielle! Your coloring is fantastic on this image and your papers and bow are very pretty!

Wanda Cullen said...

I just love this fun image and you've colored it to perfection! Great way to highlight these colors!

Kerri said...

Oh I love those fun stockings too! Super cute, Danielle!

Broni said...

Oh my goodness! These fun "Grinch-like" stockings are so perfect for this color combo! I love the subtle saffron highlighting! Such a happy Christmas card!!!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card.


Hugs Riet.xx

Shannon White said...

mGosh this is soo Darned Adorable! I'm with Broni! Love the Grinch-like Stockings! And your dp's are so perfect for the colors this week! Love it! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Lori said...

What a fun and festive holiday image! Love the warm glow around the stockings.

Tammy Hershberger said...

This is just too darn cute, Danielle! LOVE those stockings, and your crinkly bow is fabulous! :)

Denise Marzec said...

FUN card! Love that image!

Marlena M. said...

These stockings ARE FUN Danielle! Such a cute card. ;)