Friday, November 4, 2011

Snowy Delights!

Snowy Delights Graphic
Flourishes November release week challenge is sure to be a fun one!  Create a card that showcases all things snowy!  Make your snow sparkly or fluffy or both!  Link up using the inlinkz widget on the Flourishes post to qualify and please use keyword use FLLCNOV11.  The winner receives the entire new release!  Contest ends next Friday at 5PM Eastern.  See the Flourishes blog for all the details!
The snowman I used from Warm Winter Wishes is one of my favorites!  I stamped him on kraft paper and colored the image with Prismacolor pencils and odorless mineral spirits.
DPK_NovChallenge2012
I created my snow with a Marvy Liquid Applique pen.  Once I applied the liquid I sprinkled on glitter before I puffed it up.  Below is a close up where you can see a lot more of the sparkle. 
I used my Spellbinders die Labels Twenty Two for my image and layered him on a doily that I sprayed with Glimmer Mist in Vanilla.  The patterned paper is from the Prima North Country pad.  I love this paper!
Here’s all the sparkle that you can’t see in the first photo.  Love it!
DPK_NovChallenge2012_closeup
Now check out the amazing creations from the rest of the design team has today!
Barbara Anders
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Dawn Burnworth
Julie Koerber
Stacy Morgan
Tammy Hershberger
Sharon Doolittle

23 comments:

petra,s cards said...

wauwwww verry stunning love your pretty colours and love the image on the craftpaper!!!
xx petra

Dawn B. said...

What a great way to use this paper. I kept looking at it thinking "what on earth". But of course you nailed it. Love this.

Anonymous said...

What a cutey! Such a happy snowman. Great colouring. I just love white on kraft.
Beth Greco

Trisha said...

Oh my goodness!! Just love your card. Going to look for my prisma color pencils right now. I am not having much luck with the Copics yet and I want to color all my Christmas cards. Need some lessons. Happy weekend and crafting.

Barbara said...

Great minds, today, LOL! LOVE it done on Kraft--I never think to try that! Love your blue shading and all that sparkle!

Sewflake said...

What a delight to see that snowy guy in the forest. It's just stunning. Love the amazing coloring and sparkle!

Traci M said...

Beautiful card...this snowman is one of my favorites, too...and I love him on the Kraft paper...so sweet!!

Dee said...

Gorgeous, stunning, a beautiful card, LOVE it!!!!

Stacy Morgan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stacy Morgan said...

Sure does have a country feel to it and just adorable. Beautiful snow and sparkle!

ChristineCreations said...

Such great sparkly touches Danielle, and the woodsy paper is the perfect backdrop to this little guy!

Leslie Miller said...

This is so cute with that awesome paper! Love the way you layered the Spellbinders die on the doily. It's just a darling card!

Carol Dee said...

Sweet! Love the DP and snowy sparkle.

Joan Ervin said...

Love your sweet little snowman with all the sparkle....tooo cute!!!!

Karen W said...

How cute, very vintage looking. This is a fun challenge and can't wait to see the new stamps.

paula tracy williamson said...

This little snowman is adorable and I neeeed to see more of this paper too! I love him colored on the kraft with all your sparkle! :)

Tanya said...

beautiful card! love the snow and I love that snowman, I still need to pick it up.

Diane said...

What an awesome card!! I love the colors you have chosen...they are made for each other...love it!

Amanda said...

Danielle, I love your image!! I love how you stamped on Kraft paper and added white highlights! It's all so cute, cute, cute!! :)

Linda Carson said...

Such a festive delight!!

Luanne said...

very beautiful! card. love the earth tones.

Luanne
craftersreference.blogspot.com

Marlena M. said...

Such a beautiful card. The snow you added is gorgeous. ;)

Benzi said...

Oh, your snowman is darling...love all the sparkle. The paper is outstanding. Just an adorable creation.