Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Wednesday’s Color Throwdown

swatch 147

Kristin is our lovely hostess this week at the Color Throwdown and she’s picked a lovely palette for us!  Unfortunately I had need of a sympathy card this week and at first thought these colors were too bright but I think they work after all.

DPK_CTD147

I reached for the fabulous MTME set Occasional Labels and Sentimental Occasions designed by our very own hostess Kristin!  I didn’t plan to use her designs today, but they were just what I needed!  That put The Cars song “just what I needed” in my head.  Are you singing it too?  Good stuff, good stuff.    I digress.

I ran the bg panel through the bird and vine cuttlebug embossing folder and then swiped some white ink over it to make the birdies pop.   The patterned paper is a scrap that I have and I can’t remember who makes it…but it’s polka dot on one side and damask on the other.  The colors were a great match to the cardstock.   I used a Martha Stewart border punch on the black panel.  The ribbon are from my ribbon box and I haven’t the foggiest where it came from.  My sketch is loosely based on this card by Amy Sheffer.  I just LOVE this set she made and it inspired my design for today’s card.  Thanks Amy!!

Now it’s time to check out the team at the Color Throwdown!  Great samples this week so go to each blog below for all the details!  This is the last week of school, oh no!  So take it slow and enjoy the rest of the week :)

Tammy ~Laura ~ Broni ~Barbara ~ Kristin ~ CathyCarole ~ and our June Guest Designer Betty Wright

11 comments:

inga said...

Beautiful Card, love the color choice.

petra,s cards said...

stunning symphty card!!!
xx petra

LeAnne said...

Nicely done, Danielle! Love your combination of DPs for this sympathy card...it will be appreciated!

Carol Dee said...

Lovely sympathy card. That Martha Stewart punch is stunning. Another Fabulous Color throwdown Wed. Hugs...

Barbara said...

So pretty, Danielle! Love how you used Kristin's set with the colors!

Kelly Schelske said...

This is so beautiful Danielle! Sadly I need a few sympathy cards and these are just gorgeous!

Laura Pryor said...

This is so so great, D! I just love the layout and the ribbon treatment! This is a really great design!

Tammy Hershberger said...

VERY gorgeous, Danielle!

Betty Wright said...

Love the patterns and design, Danielle! Lovely card!

Kristin Eberline said...

Girl, these colors absolutely work with your sympathy card! This is stunning, Danielle, though I'm sad to know you needed a sympathy card. BEAUTIFUL use of my stamps!!! Great focal point, and the subdued pink flower in the bg is perfect!

Love your comment about not having the foggiest idea where your ribbon came from! LOL We ARE twins! Ha ha

Broni said...

LOVE this, Danielle! The layering is oh-so perfect and I adore the embossed pink background layer!!