Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Cute as can be

It’s Color Throwdown challenge #107 and this week our hostess with the mostess is Kristin! She’s chosen these lovely colors for us:

swatch 107

I think I may have taken a few liberties with the colors…

DPK_CTD107

I used this cute paper from the Lemonade line from Basic Grey…and as I type I realize that my patterned paper is upside down! Ha, those are cherries, but now they kind of look like lollipop flowers! Any way, I stamped this adorable Pure Innocence image from My Favorite Things which must be sold out because I can’t find it on the site right now…she’s cute, no?

I stamped and colored her hair and face and shoes on white card stock then paper pieced her shirt and pants. I used a tiny flower gem on her shirt where a flower was on the image. I punched the bottom of the mat under the image with a MS border punch. The pink ribbon was the last piece on a roll from my older stash…don’t know who made it. Last I added the sentiment with a mat made from more paper in the Lemonade line.

Check out the wonderful creations from the rest of the DT and join in the challenge on the Color Throwdown!

Broni Holcombe

Barbara Anders

LeAnne Pugliese

Tammy Hershberger

Kristin Bueter

Laura Pryor

Chupa Palamountain - Random Acts of Creativity ~ August Guest Designer

9 comments:

Carol Dee said...

OMG... she is CUTE. YOu ae really good at the paper peicing. Grerat color combo. Hugs...

Broni said...

This is so precious, Danielle! I love the paper-pieced clothes and the pink shading!!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Danielle,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Laura Pryor said...

Totally adorable!!! I didn't even notice the paper upside down until I read! HA! I've done that. You can't even tell! Great coloring too!

Kristin Eberline said...

I'm LMBO that your paper is upside down! That's hilarious :] I have totally done that before also!

Your card is so cute! Your coloring is awesome and I adore how you paper pieced her clothes ♥

Leslie Miller said...

She's so cute, Danielle! I laughed out loud at your remark about the lollipop flowers. You're right, they DO look like lollipop flowers and they're perfect!

Rose Ann said...

This is just darling, Danielle!! Beautifully colored too!!

Barbara said...

Fab job with the PI, Danielle! And I'm laughing at the paper--I've so done that!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

LOL Danielle, sticking paper upside down is what I do all the time! These cherries do look like lollipop flowers though :)
Cute card, you can never go wrong with Pure Innocence girlies :)
Thanks so much for having me this month - I had a blast! xxx