Thursday, June 10, 2010

Ferns and Fiddles

Ferns Graphic

Today’s sneak peek is one of my favorites of the June releases…Ferns and Fiddles.

DPK_SneakPeek_FernsFiddles

I repeatedly stamped the ferns on Flourishes Classic White card stock  with  white pigment ink and embossed with white ep.  I also randomly stamped a few ferns in Versamark but did not emboss.  When I then inked the panel with various green and blue chalk inks with a sponge the Versamark images picked up the ink heavier and appear as shadows behind the white ones.   I stamped the sentiment from Life Lines and cut it out with a Spellbinders die and inked inside the die while it was still in place.  I punched holes at each end of the die cut and ran the May Arts silk ribbon through it.  I added a flat backed pearl to each end and tucked a few paper ferns from Prima underneath to finish it off.  I’ve had them for several years and I don’t get to use them much, but they were the perfect touch!

Make sure you check out all the fabulous samples from the DT!

  • Christine Okken
  • Cindy Lawrence
  • Dawn Burnworth
  • Julie Koerber
  • Laura Fredrickson
  • Leslie Miller
  • Stacy Morgan

    And make sure you join us for the Flourishes Power hour here on SCS tonight at 9pm central. 

    Have a wonderful day!

  • 18 comments:

    Jean McKenzie said...

    Danielle, I love nature themed cards and yours is gorgeous! Thank you so much for the explanation on how you made it!!

    Anonymous said...

    WOW! Danielle, I am speechless, this is so gorgeous and classy! LOVE it!!!

    Hugs,
    Lily

    Cheryl O said...

    Wow, this is just amazingly gorgeous!! Love the choice of the blues and greens, what a great technique for this stamp!! Wonderful job.....

    Denise Marzec said...

    WOWWWWWWW, this is seriously FANTASTIC!! Love how those white ferns pop against all the greens, and the leaves behind the sentiment is such a great accent!

    Cammie said...

    Gorgeous card! Thank you for the explanation.

    Carol Dee said...

    Oh My, I do LOVE ferns. This is stunning. Hugs...

    Donna said...

    Beautiful card! And I love this fern set!

    Lynne said...

    This is a stunning card, I love everything about it. Mmm I think I need that stamp set!
    Lynne xxx

    LeAnne said...

    Gorgeous! That sentiment is perfect and I love everything about the card itself!

    Yogi said...

    very nice. Simple elegance.

    Angel said...

    so very elegant! i think it's my fave card of all the samples!!!!!!!!!

    Tammy Hershberger said...

    Gorgeous! LOVE the resist!

    Riet said...

    So BEAUTIFUL card Danielle,i love your papers and the colours.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    Nerina said...

    What a beautiful, serene card! Thank you for sharing your technique with us too!

    Leslie Miller said...

    I knew your little nature-lovin' self would do something beautiful with these ferns. You really got the feel of a dreamy, misty woodland here. Gorgeous, Danielle!

    Kathy Martin said...

    Beautiful card! Love that new stamp set! :)

    Stacy Morgan said...

    Danielle this is beautiful! Love how you used the tag and your shading.

    Amy Sheffer said...

    AMAZING! Love the emboss resist technique here!