Sunday, April 11, 2010

A week late

But I still wanted to share this adorable Easter card that I made for my mother. I only finished it up the night before and quickly snapped some pics. It was just the other day that I finally edited the photos for my post…so here they are.

DPK_WSD_eastercard

I used this adorable bunny from Anna Wights set called Spring has Sprung from Whipper Snapper Designs. He’s colored with Copics and cut out and matted using rectangle Spellbinders Nestabilities. I inked the image with the die in place and added some flock to his hair and tail. The patterned papers are from a K&Company pad that I’ve had for a while. I used my new Spellbinders Egg dies to cut out the large egg and the opening in it and the card front. The ribbon I ruffled by pulling on the single stitching down the center and gathering it. I then used adhesive to outline the egg…I wanted it to resemble a Panoramic Egg…remember those? I used a few vintage Prima flowers and some floral wire that I curled with a ribbon and lace scrap for accents. I stamped Happy Easter and added a tiny flower also from the set which I cut out and popped up.

DPK_WSD_eastercard_inside

Just a quick peek inside. I hope everyone had a lovely Easter!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so adorable, the colors, the textures, and the ruffle edge is super duper!
Hugs,
Lily

Stampin in the suburbs said...

really nice. i also love the detailed instructions you give!

jjcreations said...

This is so sweet!!!! I love the way you decorated the outside!

Tammy Hershberger said...

O. M. G!!! How cute! LOVE the ruffled ribbon around the opening! That is ingenious and had to be so tedious to do! Very sweet! Love the roses, too!

Tammi said...

Oh wow, CUTE how you did the egg, looks fantastic...sweet card!

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

Awww, this is so CUTE!! And I can't believe I missed seeing this last year! Ack!!