Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Wednesdays Color Throwdown Challenge

Welcome to challenge #85 at the Color Throwdown. Our hostess this week is Cathy and sadly this will be her final week with us as she is taking a break for an undetermined time. But she picked some really lovely colors for us this week! Check these out!

swatch 85

I used this King of the Wild Things from Stamping Bella and colored it with Prismacolor pencils and odorless mineral spirits. I cut it out with an oval Nestabilitie that I kept in place to sponge a bit of Antique Linen Distress Ink. Then I used a Big Scallop Oval Nestie for the mat. I layered it all on this great patterned paper from K & Company. The sketch is this weeks challenge for Bellarific Friday. I didn’t have a sentiment from Stamping Bella to go with this image so I will leave it blank until I use it…most likely for a little boys birthday.

DPK_CTD85

Please come over to the Color Throwdown and join in this weeks challenge. Make sure you check out the samples from all of our design team members and send your best wishes to Cathy! We are going to miss her :(

Cathy-LeAnne-Broni-Tammy-Barbara-Kristin

March Guest Designer Pam

Have a great day!

CTD Post signature

16 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Love this subtle color palette! 'Course, all things green are okay by me. Very cute card, Danielle! Perfect for a little boy. Your coloring is divine (again)!!

LeAnne said...

This is so stinkin' cute! Love the papers you chose for the challenge--and of course, your little dragon is adorable!

Julia Aston said...

You just have the cutest images Danielle! this is just adorable - love the colors and DP!

Carol Dee said...

Sweet, sweet card. The colors are fabulous together.

Barbara said...

Adorable!!! And, of course, your coloring is phenomenal!

Broni said...

This is so freakin' precious!!! I LOVE that precious little dragon! Beautifully colored, of course!!

jjcreations said...

Danielle this is wonderful. That little guy is so sweet and I just love the colours!!!!! Can't wait to do the Throwdown after school.

Denise Marzec said...

Total cuteness!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

He's so stinkin' cute!!! Adorable card, Danielle!

Cathy Rulli said...

how cute!!! I love it!

Basement Stamper said...

I am in love with this card, it is absolutely adorable!!!

Rose Ann said...

This is the absolute cutest, Danielle!! Your coloring looks fab, and I love the papers you've used as well!!

Pam Speidel said...

What a sweet little image and the CTD colors are perfect with it!!

Michele Spera said...

Danielle
Hes too cute! Love the DP colors:-) Love him
XMicheleX

dj said...

cutest little monster ever!!

I have missed playing along the last couple of weeks...craziness here at our house(soccer season has started) and then I hurt my back so it has been way to long...hopefully I am back at it once again!!

debhorst
http://debhorstcreaterofsendablesentiments.blogspot.com/

Tammi said...

Oh what a cutie, fabulous coloring and love the papers!