Saturday, January 30, 2010

Shades of Gray

This weeks challenge over at Mo’s Challenge Blog is Shades of Gray. Wow, this was a difficult challenge for me! I had ideas about this image End of the Summer that I used that did not include using almost no color…but I am pleased with how it turned out.

DPK_MDP_shadesofgray

After using Copics to color image with shades of Cool Gray I added colors to the flowers and touches of glitter to the centers and randomly around the image. I layered the image on a fabulous piece of Origins paper from Basic Grey. I sponged around the image panel with London Fog, a Memento Dew Drop dye ink. It’s simply adorned with a yellow ribbon and bow from Papertrey Ink.

19 comments:

Elaine L. said...

I love this! Those flowers and the yellow bow are so pretty. Thanks for sharing your work in Mo's Challenge this week.

shulsart said...

Beautiful, you did a wonderful job on a difficult challenge. Good luck and thanks for joining the fun at Mo's Challenge blog.

Wendy M said...

Lovely design xx

Riet said...

Wowww Danielle,what beautiful.

Hugs Riet.xx

Denise Marzec said...

Oh WOWWWWW, the way you colored this is TOOOOO COOL!

Julie said...

Wonderful - love the touches of yellow - just superb!! Juliexx

Bernice said...

Great job keeping the emotion of the image in gray!

Bernice

Cat said...

ADORE the card. your coloring/shading are absolutely gorgeous. my favorite - had to go right out and buy the image from Mo although i'm sure i won't do it justice! ;)

Michele Boyer said...

I love, love, LOVE this, especially with just the flowers as the burst of color! Fabulous!

Broni said...

I LOVE how this turned out, Danielle! Just perfect!

Tammy Hershberger said...

OMGosh, how COOL is that technique! You did a fabulous job, and I love the little touch of color with the yellow flowers!

jjcreations said...

This is wonderful. I'm going to have to look into that technique. Very cool.

Deirdre said...

Great card - love it.

Rose Ann said...

This turned out beautifully, Danielle...and so prefect for the challenge!

Nicola said...

I just love this image. i love the way you highlighted the flowers only. Beautiful.

Hugs
Nic

Julia Aston said...

Wow - nice job with the grey - your coloring is just super with the touches of color and that great DP!

Dawn B. said...

This is so sweet. What a great image to use..Thanks for joining us at Mo's..I love the touch of yellow..It goes well with gray.

Barbara said...

You ROCKED this, girl!! I LOVE your shades of gray--it's perfectly done!

Tammi said...

What a cool look, so different, looks amazing!