Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Color Throwdown Wednesday


Hi everyone! I have a late entry to the Color Throwdown today...I waited until the last minute to make my card then realized that I had a dentist appointment last night and when I came home all numb and drooling it wasn't really conducive to making one. So I whipped this up this afternoon since I am home with a little sickie. Although he's been bouncing off the the walls for a few hours now so I think he's feeling better!


This lovely color combo is brought to us today by LeAnne! Here is used an image from Magenta that I purchase in the fall at a stamp show that took place locally. It was the first time I ever got to see Magenta stamps at one of these shows and it was fantastic because I just love their images! I met and spoke with owner/artist Nathalie Metivier and she is so sweet, not to mention talented!

I stamped the image in white pigment ink and embossed with white ep on Mellow Moss paper. I added a flat backed pearl in each corner. The Razzleberry layer was punched with a Martha Stewart set. I weaved a PTI ribbon through the scallops across the top and finished with a button I bought at Jo-Anns.

Come visit us at the Color Throwdown to see all the designers samples and play along!

LeAnne Pugliese - Wee Inklings

Barbara Anders - Paper Pursuits

Broni Holcomb - Splashes of Watercolor

Tammy Hershberger - Stamp Happy

Cathy Indelicato - Crafty Thoughts

Kirstin Beuter--Mindless Creativity

Deb Horst/Guest Designer - Sendable Sentiments

20 comments:

Tosha Leyendekker said...

What an elegant beauty Danielle!! LOVE your white embossed image! And your framing is stunning!

kadie said...

How did you get your punch so perfectly lined up? I can never get mine just right! Beautiful card!!

Denise Marzec said...

Totally STUNNING, girl! I love how you threaded the ribbon through the loops. :)

Barbara said...

Just awesome, Danielle! LOVE that frame and that image! It's gorgeous!

Michelle said...

Wow, everything about this is GORGEOUS! The colors....love that border punch...& that beautiful stamp! Just stunning!

dj said...

fantastic--love how you wove your ribbon through the die cut!! Gorgeous!!

Broni said...

An absolute beauty of a card, Danielle! Very elegant!

Niki Estes said...

Wow, Danielle! This is just gorgeous!

Kelly Schelske said...

Great color combo, gorgeous card Danielle!

Kristin Eberline said...

My jaw is on the floor! This is soooo beautiful! Love the elegant look you achieved with your simple layout and intricate border punch. Your pearl rhinestone and button accents are a lovely finishing touch...as is that gorgeous ribbon! I have to check out those stamps...this one is a MUST have!

Cathy Rulli said...

This is stunning Danielle!!

Davi said...

Beautiful, love the way you wove the ribbon thru the lovely border.

noble pig said...

So elegant.

Ila said...

Wow!!!...So Beautiful and Elegant!!..I love it!!..Hugs, Ila

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Danielle,what a beautiful card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! Steal my breath! This is beautifully creative and simply wonderful!!

Rose Ann said...

Wow...what a beauty, Danielle!! I love that embossed image, and your frame is so pretty!! I especially love the pearl accents and woven ribbon!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

That frame is amazing, Danielle and I love that stamp you used! What a beauty!

RStovall said...

Very nice card -- I just love the "lace" and ribbon threaded through.
Wonderful work!

Chris said...

I saw this card on the color throwdown and wanted to come here to tell you that I just love it, the pearls and the punch look really good and razzleberry is so rich looking.
beautiful card.