Sunday, July 19, 2009

It's High Hopes Challenge #40

It's time for another High Hopes challenge and this weeks theme is Christmas in July. I couldn't resist using this adorable Hippo and sentiment from the new release.


Two Christmases ago my son received a card from his godmother, my sil, that played the song "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas". He played it incessantly, so much so, that we finally had to hide it. Well, he found it only about a week before I received the new High Hopes images and when I opened the package and found this I think i jumped up and down I was so excited! Guess who's getting this card for Christmas?! Actually I am going to make another one so they both get one this year.

I colored the hippo with Copics and both the image and mat are cut using Nestabilities Labels One. The patterned paper is from Creative Imaginations and the ribbon I've had so a while so I don't remember where it came from...but that was the last of it! The paper behind the image is from Prism and the green cardstock is PTI.

I hope you enjoy looking at this cutie! Play along with us this week and make sure you use HHC40 when you upload to a public gallery. Have a great Sunday!

20 comments:

Kelly Schelske said...

Too cute! I had to download that song from iTunes for my kids, they love it!

Hugs, Kelly

Cindy Haffner said...

Hee hee so sweet.

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Danilelle.
Your coloring is fabulous, love the paper too.

Karen x

Candy said...

Super cute!!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Danielle,l love the image and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Carol Dee said...

I love it! YOu are going to have fun with this set !! :) Hugs...

Rachel Liberty Photography said...

So cute! Love the image...what a great christmas card!

Bonnie said...

Perfect image for him! and I love the colouring as always!

Rose Ann said...

This is just as cute as can be, Danielle!! Love your perfectly colored hippo!!

noble pig said...

I want a hippo too! So adorable!

Denise Marzec said...

SUPER cute!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

How stinkin' cute, but now I've got that #*$&@(@ song in my head!

Barbara said...

Now you've done it! My DH loves that song and sings it every Christmas. I have to have these stamps--he will get a hippopotamus this year, LOL!!!

Cute card, Danielle!

Curt in Indy said...

What a fun story! Sorry to say, I've not heard that song, but sounds like you heard it enough for the both of us! LOL Adorable card and this is so perfect for the story! Best, Curt

Tammi said...

LOL, so perfect for him Danielle, a fun and cute card!

Michelle said...

Very cute, Danielle!! Love the paper!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Super cute Danielle!

Ila said...

This is just the Cutest!!..your coloring and papers are totally fabulous!!

Juliana said...

WAY TOO CUTE!!
I love your coloring and papers!!
I have never heard that song (gonna google it in a sec).

christy Croll said...

I love that song and this is adorable card. :)