Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Two in One


This weeks Color Throwdown card also works for High Hopes challenge which is to doodle...now that I am about to post my card I realize that I should have used a HH image, oh well. I already had everything picked out and then doodled on it!

This weeks beautiful colors are brought to us by Broni. This is such a classic combo that works for so many different styles as you will see when you check out the rest of the design teams wonderful images!

The adorable Whipper Snapper turtle is colored with Copics and his shell accented with glitter and Ranger's Inkssentials White Gel pen. I used a Micro pen to doodle around the frame the image is matted on and also the flowers on the green cs. I added dots to the scallop with the white gel pen also. The lavender lace panel was stamped with a swiss dot background stamp in Color Box white pigment and embossed with clear ep. I also chalked lightly around the image to reduce the starkness of the white and soften the edges. Oh no, it's missing a bow! This is what happens when you wait until the last minute to do the challenge!

You can see some of the glitter in this closeup. Please visit the Color Throwdown and join us for challenge #43! Please use CTD43 as your keyword if you upload to a public forum. Don't forget to check out all the wonderful cards from the DT! Have a great day!

LeAnne Pugliesi - Wee Inklings
Barbara Anders - Paper Pursuits
Broni Holcomb - Splashes of Watercolor
Tammy Hershberger - Stamp Happy
Cathy Indelicato - Crafty Thoughts

24 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! Fabulous doodling! Love these colors and the sparkle on this adorable WS image!

Cheryl said...

WOW,gorgeous!!! Such a cute image and coloured so beautifully,and your doodling is fantastic! I love this colour combo,hope I get a chance to play.
Hugs xx

Poppy said...

lovely card, nice bit of doodling.
poppy

Denise Marzec said...

Love EVERYTHING about this card!!...your doodling, the glittered up adorable image, the flowers and swirls on the right edge...SUPER card!

Cathy Rulli said...

Great card - you have the cutest stamps!!!

Carol L said...

great card today! I love the image and how beautifully you colored it! I just LOVE the white gel pen accents you added - what a perfect touch!!
Carol

Kelly Schelske said...

Fabulous card Danielle and I lvoe the doodling!!

Hugs, Kelly

Andrea said...

What a great color combo to work with. What an adorable card. I just love those whipper snapper images. You do such a great job with your coloring, and your doodling is so fun and cute.
Fun, Fun, Fun~

Rose Ann said...

That is such a darling images, and so beautifully colored!! Love all your doodling too!!

Barbara said...

How adorable!!! You can color, girl!!!

Juliana said...

This is OVER THE TOP cute!!
Such beautiful coloring!! You make these colors look so peaceful!
I hope to try them this week!

Tammy Hershberger said...

This turned out SO CUTE, Danielle! I LOVE that image (I think that's one you sent to me!) and LOVE your doodles! Awesome job!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Such an adorable card. love the sparkles!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Beautiful. Hugs Cindy xxoo

Carol Dee said...

Sweet turtle and frog, looking good in the color challenge colors.

Darlene said...

This card is tooooo cute!! Love the coloring ... wonderful job!

jjcreations said...

Very cute card!!!! I love the bling on the turtle's shell!!! Cute frog too - of course.

Broni said...

This is just adorable and I love your doodles and all the sparkle!!!

Michele Boyer said...

This is adorable, Danielle, and I love your doodling and sparkles!

noble pig said...

I seriously remain in awe of you.

Lisa Foster said...

Wow! Your coloring is just amazing! What an adorable card!

Ila said...

So Gorgeous!!...the image is just Adorable and your coloring is Fabulous!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh my goodness, what gorgeous coloring. Love your use of pastels to soften the background. Wonderful creation!

Tammi said...

Danielle this is fantastic!! Love his shell in purple and your doodling is amazing! Super cute!!