Monday, February 2, 2009

Mojo Monday sketch

I really liked this weeks Mojo Monday sketch and looked forward to doing it only to find it a challenge. I had my paper all picked out and thought it was coming together great until I had to find an image. Then I had to rearrange the paper on the layout...maybe the flowers should go there and the polka dots there...no the mat should be green not blue...wait I forgot the trim...


Yikes! What should have taken maybe 30 minutes took like 2 hours! Granted I had to stop and put kids in the tub and entertain my mother briefly, but honestly! Anyway, it's not making me jump up and down, but it's cute.




I used adorable new patterned paper called Chloe's Closet by Making Memories. I have been partial to orange lately and I really love the colors and patterns in this collection. The solid cardstock is a mix of Papertrey Ink and just scraps of blue and green that matched well. The stamped image is from Verve Visual's Abundant Blessings. I inked it up with various colors of Versa Magic Dew Drops. I inked around every panel with Antique Linen and Walnut Stain Distress Inks. The flowers were uncolored/natural Prima's that I colored with Copic markers to coordinate with the paper and finished with a button. The flower in the birds mouth has a little Liquid Pearl center. The decorative trim is from a Martha Stewart border punch.

No snow yet. I guess I am kinda hopin' we get dumped on so I don't have to go into the office! We'll just have to wait and see...but I ain't holdin' my breath! Have a great day!

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, that's adorable...really adorable.

Lauri said...

I love the way your card came out! The colors and paper are so pretty! and I know what you mean about cards taking so long...seems to happen to me all the time! So I am sitting here in CT hoping for that snow too; I think it is supposed to start here around noon so I am wimping out and working from home.,..just need to tell my boss ; )

Bonnie said...

Love the gorgeous colours in your card! Okay, how do you do such perfect work with Liquid Pearls! I can't touch the stuff, it always comes out looking like a Dairy Queen ice cream cone!

Candy said...

Beautiful Danielle, love the colors!!

LeAnne said...

This IS adorable---I ALMOST bought that Chloe's Closet on Friday, but put it back....darn it! I did buy some cool blingy brads.....I have been hoarding them, of course! I love the look you've achieved here--very warm & homey!
LeAnne
PS: it is snowing here, yippee!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Beautiful, I love the mix of papers and colors.

Ila said...

Wow!! this is Beautiful!!....I love the papers,borders, flowes, the lovely stamps and the way you spotlighted here is just lovely!!...Hugs, Ila

dpkennedy said...

Dear Bonnie- the perfection you see in my Liquid Pearl application is a mere illusion. When I first photographed it I didn't notice the splotches all over the back of the card...then oops, the front too! What is that? Oh yeah, it's the flower center that I forgot was still wet and I handled it to death! You can't see the shine left in spots from the schmears...but I had to plop in a new center and re-photog it! Feel better now? You should!

Bonnie said...

ROFL!! Thanks Danielle and that is too funny, but also very gratifying to know that Liquid Pearl beautiness is only a hallucination/deception/spoof/tricky/wildest dream...... (I looked up synonyms for illusion....) but still gorgeous since you were able to pull it off!!

Anonymous said...

Your crazy girl!!! This is gorgeous! I love the colors and the layout :)

Ilse Vargas said...

Very nice card. Your story sounds like some of mine :)
Greetings, Ilse

Julia Aston said...

Sometimes you just have to step away from a card that was a struggle to make - I think you cannot see the beauty of it because it was so hard for you to get it out!!! but...... we who are just looking at it all done - say WOW!!! I love the colors and your spot lighted bird - a super card Danielle!

We've been having snow all day but not enough to interfere with working or anything (although I heard down towards the cape it's really piling up!) what a snowy winter huh?!

Rose Ann said...

This is so very beautiful, Danielle!! I love the papers, flower & and gorgeous images!!

Cheryl said...

This is gorgeous!!! I love the colours and DP!!!

Debbie said...

Love your card and the way you highlighted the bird. Really pretty card ;-)

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh danielle, gorgeous, gorgeous!! Love the beautiful papers and the spotlight on the wee birdie, too cute!!

KElly xx

Tammy Hershberger said...

Danielle, I LOVE what you did with this sketch! Beautiful card!

Corie said...

Oh my this is just beautiful

Anonymous said...

what smashing colours!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh...so pretty! I love the Chloes' Closet paper!

Tammi said...

Wow, love everything on this, it's gorgeous! Awesome job on the sketch. Thanks for stopping by my blog, I've been browsing yours and it's amazing...love how you design your cards and the cute images you use. ~Hugs

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

A beautiful card. I love the colors and papers, and how you extended the ribbon tab off the side. So lovely! Thanks for playing! :0