Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Some crazy cutting!

You know those stamps that you absolutely have to have but then you find that they are so much work your not sure you made a good decision? Okay, I love Outlines...I really love their stamps and designs but they are a lot of work! And as much as I put into this card I would have really liked to do more but since I waited until the last minute this is how it was finished.

This is actually two collage stamps from Outlines, here and here, that I put together to create this square 5 1/4 inch card.

I have so many scraps since I stamped both images 4 times that I am halfway to making another one. I also have a winter one which I should get started on right now so it's done in time to mail for Christmas! Below is a shot a little closer so you can see more detail. I do have some elements popped up twice like the sunflowers and centers, but I didn't really do a good job of showing that in the photo-sorry!

I used quite a bit of Sakura Star Dust glitter pen to make the images pop, beside all the dimensional foam, but it is hard to really see the detail in the photo. It looks kind of flat here, but it is really much prettier irl, lol! I think maybe my gems are a bit over the top too, but who says a Thanksgiving card can't be flashy? I also used some Liquid Pearls in pale yellow for the flowers and one of the frames. This is for my niece and nephew who live in Florida with their maternal grandmother and I think they will like the glitz on it.


I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday...hey, we're halfway there!!!

Stamps: Outlines

Paper: PTI and Bazzill solid cardstock

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories: Prisma/OMS, gems, Sakura Stardust pen, Gelly Roll pen/black, Prima flower, Copper Stickles, lots of foam dots!!

16 comments:

Catherine said...

WOW, Danielle. It sure look like a lot of work but it's so worth it. Your card is just fabulous :)

Bonnie said...

What a lot of work and bee-yooo-ti-ful!! Now, tell me, how much would you charge for a card this fabulous??!!! The $3 would be a HUGE insult!

Lorraine said...

love this card! beautiful!

Broni said...

This is just incredible! Look at all that cutting and embellishing you did! Totally awesome!

Lauri said...

I know EXACTLY what you mean! I Love the Outlines and have one large halloween stamp..you can keep cutting and layering and AAAAHHHH!!! So what did I do??? I just ordered one of their ornament toppers!!! Anyway, you did a beautiful job! I think their stamps are best presented as artwork! I gave mine Halloween outlines one to my sister mounted on an acrylic plaque...seemed like too much work for a card! You could do the same!

Candy said...

Wow what a fabulous card, beautifully done!!

Rose Ann said...

Whoa...girl!! That's a lot of cutting...and it's absolutely fabulous!! I love all of your details!! Wonderful, Danielle!!

Curt in Indy said...

I have spent probably as much time as it took you to make it just staring at the picture! OMG I LOVE this! What an awesome job you did! The coloring and detail are simply over the top! Mouth still open. . .Curt

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Fantastic! This is like a quilt. Takes time...but SO WORTH it girl! This is so much fun to look at.all the details...WOW..You should frames this!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This fall collage is outstanding Danielle!! Gorgeous!! Love all the fabulous details you put into this!!

Julia Aston said...

Wow - I actually can't believe you did this Danielle! (!?!) what a lot of work fussy cutting - but what a beautiful card!!

super duper girl!

Anonymous said...

Holy moly, girl! I hope you're keeping this one! Framed! lol. Wow! That's a LOT of work! It's incredible!!!

Linsey R said...

OMGOsh!!! This is far beyond a mere card, my friend---this is truly a beautiful work of art! I think it should be framed and displayed on a wall, no kidding! This has such amazing attention to detail--I can't stop gazing over it--so much to look at and every bit makes me feel happy inside. :) I love this, Danielle--you really out did yourself on this gorgeous creation! xoxo

Ila said...

Oh My Gosh!! this is So Gorgeous!! I love all the dimension...this would be a hard card to part with..Beautiful!!...Hugs, Ila

Amy said...

HOLY COW! What a piece of art!! That is amazing to see all of that from two stamps.. wow!

Shirley said...

How Fall, Thanksgiving, harvest and wonderful all rolled into one. You make me feel human with this gorgeous card! I love detail and this is just outstanding and a work of art! The bling is just super!