Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A ruff day

My husband's oldest brother had back surgery and I wanted to send him a get well kind of card. I bought these stamps from Inkadinkado at AC Moore a week or so ago when they were 40% off. I love how each dog has a different pattern. The receiver of this card plays the drum in a Fife and Drum outfit-complete with a kilt-so I thought the scottie dog in his diamond plaid was appropriate. He's also very manly (YKWIM?!) so I really had to limit any fluff and keep it simple. Wait a minute, did I say he's manly and he wears a skirt? What was I thinking? Just kidding, he has the legs for it. Anyway, all the paper is from Papertrey, Vintage Cream, Pure Poppy, and Dark Chocolate. I used nesties for the image and scallop mat. The brads and buckle are SU! Hodge Podge hardware and I tried to make it resemble a dog collar with the ribbon which is also from Papertrey.

The image is stamped in black and his tag sparkles from a Sakura stardust pen. The sentiment was stamped in Versa Magic Jumbo Java and I also used it to ink a bit around the edges. He's such a cutie! The dog that is. Nah, I love my BIL too!

15 comments:

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

So so cute! Love the sweater on the scottie. Glad to have found your blog again. chris

Catherine said...

Danielle, he's adorable and love what you did with his tag....just too cute!

Ila said...

Fabulous and So Cute!! I love the pattern in the scottie's back and that great sentiment...so perfect for your BIL..I bet he'll love it!!

jjcreations said...

What a great card - I love the little scottie dog in his sweater! Joan

Alhambra Club said...

Hope your BIL is feeling better soon, this is such a perfect card, sure he will love it.

Heather said...

adorable! I love it!

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness, I have these stamps, never used them, and this is soooo cute! Maybe I will send one to Martha because she is an animal lover! Thanks for the idea!! :)

Poppy said...

so cute love your blog.
poppy.
x

Carolyn King said...

what an adorable card...love the buckle embellishment with this pup. Saying some prayers for you bil.

Amy said...

Ohhh... TOO CUTE! I love your sponging around the white, it makes it really soft and classy!

Rose Ann said...

Awe...so cute, Danielle!! I hope your BIL is doing well!!

Denise Marzec said...

OMG, how cute is that! I love the buckle with the ribbon, and that's such a cute scotty image.

I hope your BIL is okay. :)

Curt in Indy said...

I LOVE this card! I have this stamp set and love it! I posted a card not too long ago using the largest dog. It is the one I "altered" and made it look like my Giant Schnauzer. Your card is great! Best, Curt

Debbie Olson said...

Danielle, this little guy is too sweet--love him!

Shirley said...

Totally too cute! I love the colors and the design too!