Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Hoo's Birthday is it now?

I made these two adorable cards (full of myself, huh?) the weekend before last and I will try to list all the materials-but I apologize if I forget any! I was away sometime last week and returned home on Sunday night from a photography workshop in the Adirondacks. It was fantastic and I hope to share some images soon. My Google reader is showing almost 350 new posts that I haven't read yet-so needless to say it's going to take me a while to catch up. I just want everyone to know that I am visiting your blogs and checking out all of your wonderful creations but I won't be commenting so that I can catch up some time this year!

This adorable owl image is a Kim Hughs design from Cornish Heritage Farms. He's colored with Copics and his hat is paper pieced. I used glitter glue on the owls hat below, but on the hat on the owl above I used Marvy liquid applique and glitter on the dots. I used Marvy liquid applique on the pom pom on each on with some diamond glitter too. The adorable dp is from Making Memories as is the ribbon on each. The flower gems are from Kaiser and the frosted brads are from Doodlebug. I used Nesties for the tags and the ovals. I believe the sentiment is from Lizzie Ann Designs. It was included in a some blog candy I won from them-a dozen singles and some sentiments.

The two people who I sent these birthday cards too both love the color purple so I hope they like these! I hope everyone had a great weekend and enjoys the week-I hope to be back commenting soon!!

16 comments:

Catherine said...

Danielle, this is too cute. I just love, love this one. Maybe i can get this stamp too...eekss!

Catherine said...

Danielle, this is too cute. I just love, love this one. Maybe i can get this stamp too...eekss!

Lauri said...

Love the owl! Great job coloring! Can't wait to see your photography!!

Juliana said...

There are just sooooo cute!!
I love the mix of papers!! and your coloring is beautiful!!
FUN CARDS!

Bonnie said...

Soooo cute Danielle! CHF is one of my favorite stamp companies!!

Amy said...

Hahah this made me laugh! How funny... great cards!!!

Anonymous said...

Your "people" will absolutely love these cards Danielle!! I just love owls!

Rose Ann said...

Both of these are adorable, Danielle!! Your coloring is wonderful, and I love the pretty papers too!! I'm sure the people who receive these, will be totally thrilled!!

Julia Aston said...

These are soooo cute Danielle! look forward to seeing your pics from your class!!

Anonymous said...

These are ADORABLE!!! Love your color choices and coloring!

Ila said...

Super Cute and Fabulous!! I love these hootin' cards!!

Lisa H. said...

Oh-my-cutness! I adore these cards. that is still my favorite owl image out on the market, he is just soooo adorable.

Curt in Indy said...

Adorable, Adorable, Adorable! The colors you used to compliment the purple are perfect! Love the image too! Best, Curt

Beate said...

Gorgeous coloring! Both cards are darling. I love that owl.
Hugs and smiles

Carolyn King said...

akk---I AGREE--totally adorable. LOVE your boo decoration!

Amy said...

That owl is fantastic... he looks so un-impressed! I love your watercolouring!