Monday, September 29, 2008

A late Monday post

I have finally decided to sit down at my pc today and catch up on my email. I even uploaded to SCS! I really slack on doing that. I am working on a card swap but ran out of black cs so until I can finish tomorrow I decided to make another Halloween card. Here's a card that I made today.
I used the adorable Spooky, Spooky, Spooky and Spooky Scene Set from CC Designs. All of the images in these sets are so cute. And did you know there was a suprise release on Friday? Yeah, I ordered another set...it's a sickness, but one that I KNOW you all can sympathize with!!
The above image is the front of the card. I cut a window in PTI cardstock and adhered acetate to the backside. I stamped the spider with Stazon and painted him from the back with acrylics. The white eyes on the front were also filled in with acrylic paint. I used some swiss dot black paper from Lasting Impressions to make the backside of the card. The width is just a 1/4 inch longer than the front so that I could fold it over and adhere it to the window panel. Then I used some trim from Doodlebugs Paper Frills to embellish. The Happy Halloween ribbon is from Martha Stewart that I got on clearance last year. The BOOOOOOO is stamped on Bazzill black with white acrylic and punched out. It's layer with a Making Memories brad and an orange Bazzill flower.
Below is the scene inside the card. I think it's cute but I wish I had made the sky a bit darker...seems too soft and pastel. But, that puppy is too cute for a super scary sky anyway, right? It's a little darker irl but I just couldn't do it justice in the photo. The fence is stamped on Lasting Impressions ( I can't believe they don't make these papers anymore!!) and cut out. The ghost is stamped in white and embossed on vellum and added to the scene. The moon was just a 1" circle I used for a mask and sponged around. I used Versa Magic in Night Sky, Pumpkin Spice, Perfect Plumeria, and Gingerbread for the background.

I could have kept building on the scene..like used grass so that Lucky isn't just floating-and maybe something in the tree-but if project, especially a card, takes too long, it's just not worth it because I won't give it away then! But these stamps just inpsire one to be creative. There are so many great samples out there.

Hope you enjoyed looking-have great afternoon!

10 comments:

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Adorable!! I love this little guy peeking through the window..and your see-through ghost is awesome!! Darling card!!

Julia Aston said...

I love all the images on this - what a cute design with the window and fun scene inside!!

Broni said...

This is just the cutest card EVER! I love the scenes (yeah, count 'em - 2!)you've created and your coloring is great!!!

Catherine said...

Danielle, this is just adorable... love it! I caved in and ordered this set because of you...LOL! but i still have not rec'd it and i ordered the set that was released last friday and yes...it's a sickness...LOL!

Candy said...

So very cute!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely ADORABLE!!!!! You make the best Halloween cards!

jjcreations said...

Too cute - it gave me a chuckle....the dog has such an expression on his face! Great card. Joan

missy said...

oh my gosh this is sooo cute...you make really cute stuff!!!

Linsey R said...

sooooooooooo cute!!!! LOVE this! I know whatcha mean by slacking on scs--it's hard to keep up on it all, huh!:)

Rose Ann said...

This is sooooo cute, Danielle!! I love your window, and that little doggie is so very cute!! Super coloring too!!