Monday, September 29, 2008

A late Monday post

I have finally decided to sit down at my pc today and catch up on my email. I even uploaded to SCS! I really slack on doing that. I am working on a card swap but ran out of black cs so until I can finish tomorrow I decided to make another Halloween card. Here's a card that I made today.
I used the adorable Spooky, Spooky, Spooky and Spooky Scene Set from CC Designs. All of the images in these sets are so cute. And did you know there was a suprise release on Friday? Yeah, I ordered another set...it's a sickness, but one that I KNOW you all can sympathize with!!
The above image is the front of the card. I cut a window in PTI cardstock and adhered acetate to the backside. I stamped the spider with Stazon and painted him from the back with acrylics. The white eyes on the front were also filled in with acrylic paint. I used some swiss dot black paper from Lasting Impressions to make the backside of the card. The width is just a 1/4 inch longer than the front so that I could fold it over and adhere it to the window panel. Then I used some trim from Doodlebugs Paper Frills to embellish. The Happy Halloween ribbon is from Martha Stewart that I got on clearance last year. The BOOOOOOO is stamped on Bazzill black with white acrylic and punched out. It's layer with a Making Memories brad and an orange Bazzill flower.
Below is the scene inside the card. I think it's cute but I wish I had made the sky a bit darker...seems too soft and pastel. But, that puppy is too cute for a super scary sky anyway, right? It's a little darker irl but I just couldn't do it justice in the photo. The fence is stamped on Lasting Impressions ( I can't believe they don't make these papers anymore!!) and cut out. The ghost is stamped in white and embossed on vellum and added to the scene. The moon was just a 1" circle I used for a mask and sponged around. I used Versa Magic in Night Sky, Pumpkin Spice, Perfect Plumeria, and Gingerbread for the background.

I could have kept building on the scene..like used grass so that Lucky isn't just floating-and maybe something in the tree-but if project, especially a card, takes too long, it's just not worth it because I won't give it away then! But these stamps just inpsire one to be creative. There are so many great samples out there.

Hope you enjoyed looking-have great afternoon!

10 comments:

Stamp Talk with Tosh said...

Adorable!! I love this little guy peeking through the window..and your see-through ghost is awesome!! Darling card!!

Julia Aston said...

I love all the images on this - what a cute design with the window and fun scene inside!!

broni (waterchild12) said...

This is just the cutest card EVER! I love the scenes (yeah, count 'em - 2!)you've created and your coloring is great!!!

Catherine said...

Danielle, this is just adorable... love it! I caved in and ordered this set because of you...LOL! but i still have not rec'd it and i ordered the set that was released last friday and yes...it's a sickness...LOL!

Candy said...

So very cute!!

shel9999 said...

Absolutely ADORABLE!!!!! You make the best Halloween cards!

Joan said...

Too cute - it gave me a chuckle....the dog has such an expression on his face! Great card. Joan

missy said...

oh my gosh this is sooo cute...you make really cute stuff!!!

Linsey said...

sooooooooooo cute!!!! LOVE this! I know whatcha mean by slacking on scs--it's hard to keep up on it all, huh!:)

Rose Ann said...

This is sooooo cute, Danielle!! I love your window, and that little doggie is so very cute!! Super coloring too!!