Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Hey, nice rack!

Now that I have your attention! I think they mean gun rack...or antlers, but I don't have any stamps for those images.


This is a birthday card for my husbands best friend who's birthday is this month. I got this great Unity set called Buck Fever. My husbands best friend and he are both avid hunters. Jim has several deer under his belt, so to speak. My hubby, none. He says (air quotes) he's taken down a few, but I don't really believe him. And I'm not the least bit upset. I completely understand hunting, the need for population control and all that, but I couldn't shoot one of those big liquid brown eyed beauties any day. I don't like venison either, so if he never gets "another" one I don't mind. As long as he has a good time with his brother and buddies that's fine by me.

I stamped the gun stock on Basic Grey (not sure which one, but it's a solid distressed brown) with Versa Fine in black. It's popped up on PTI cream cs that's been distressed with ADK distress ink in Walnut Stain. The dp is from K&Company and the solid is Bazzill. I did some light distressing all over-simple. I think he'll like it.

PS-Don't tell Jim's wife, but he thinks I am the best cook ever! He gets so excited if I make something and send it over. He asks for decorating advice and my paint color suggestions, (it was time for him to get rid of the 80's anyway...remember that? It was bad...) says he loves the way I did our house. I love him. In that big brother kinda way...don't get any ideas!

Happy hump day!

13 comments:

Beate said...

Love your card, Danielle! So funny!
Hugs and smiles

Cindy Haffner said...

Hee hee too funny, and Happy Hump Day to you too.

Erika H. said...

What a great masculine card...LOVE the sentiment. Great job.

Sharon in NE said...

Send me a card or I'm telling Jim's wife.



(please email me Jim's last name and address thnx)

Rose Ann said...

Cute post, and I love your masculine card!! I am totally with you on deer hunting! I say the same thing all the time. ;)

Curt in Indy said...

Love the humor of the sentiment! Great card! I'm with you too on the hunting thing. I have a neighbor who makes fun of me because I will stop the lawn mower if I see a grasshopper in front of it. I can't kill anything! I even catch and remove spiders in the house! I just think all living creatures are special and just can't bring myself to do it. Such a softie! Love this card! Best, Curt

Linsey R said...

lol, you are so cute! Those guys just gotta be macho! I LOVE this card, Danielle! My Dad and 2 brothers are also avid hunters--one brother even does bow hunting, really hard sport! I love your rack, girl!haha! YOur hubby's friend is so lucky to have you around for so many reasons--no, I didn't think THAT--even though my brain can go to the gutter sometimes, hehe! Hugs and have a great day! hIP HOP!

PS- you are So wonderful to have emailed your senators about bill 1738--You made a differene the minute you sent them. Thank you, you rock!!! :)

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my gosh, your title made me LOL...Great card! My husband (and all his guy friends actually) would love this card.

tyrymom29 said...

Love the title , LOL this card looks great!!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Too, too funny!! Love the sentiment!! Love the card!! I know a lot of guys this would come in handy for!!

Ann said...

Heehee! Too funny! I love it! :D

Julia Aston said...

Super card for the hunter guy! He'll love this I'm sure!

Anonymous said...

Great card...and great sentiment! Love your sense of humor!