Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Rubbernecker Challenge and an award! And a mini vacation...

Rubbernecker Challenge number 4

This card I created for this weeks Rubbernecker Challenge posted on Jeanne's blog here. The challenge is to use dark blue, light blue, and a neutral. I used dark and light blue cardstock from Bazzill and the parchment as my neutral...but I don't know where I got it! This stamp is from Stamp Oasis, which I bought from Rubbernecker, and this is the first time I have used it. It's stamped in Palette Noir and painted with Art Quest Pearlescent watercolors. Her face is colored with a Copic marker. It really has a beautiful shimmer to it which I also carried to the sentiment.

You can't really see it in the picture but I stamped flourishes from Autumn Leaves on the parchment in Versa Magic Aegean Blue . Lightly sponged that panel and the white cardstock from PTI with both Aegean Blue and Night Sky. The sentiment is also stamped in Night Sky and sponged.

Lastly I added some details with a stardust pen, gems in the flower centers, and a ribbon. Oh, there is also some Stickles in Waterfall on the tiny stars in her hair...again difficult to photograph! I have a close up version also so you can see some of the sparkle.



You know, I really had a hard time deciding how to color this...there is tons of detail in her hair. This is okay, but I will have to try a different technique next time.



You Make My Day Award!

I was so pleasantly surprised to find that Joan from AJCreations gave me this award!



Here are the rules: In order to display this 'You Make My Day Award' proudly on your blog you must re-present it to 10 people whose blogs bring you happiness and inspiration and make you feel happy about blog land. Let them know through email or by posting a comment on their blog so they can pass it on. Beware, you may get the award several times yourself, and if you do, consider yourself really, really loved.

Joan, this was soooo nice of you, thank you!!! Ok so now I have to pick 10...only 10?! Everyday I find more great blogs...so hard to choose! I will have to work on this one and come back to it, unfortunately it's time to get to work!

Mini Vacation!

But lastly before I go, my DH and I are taking a well deserved weekend getaway to Washington DC. I wanted to go the the Smithsonian to see the Nature's Best Photography exhibit that is only there until the end of the month. Of course this isn't exactly what he had in mind, but it's almost four whole days without children! And now the Cherry Blossom Festival is going on too so I'm sure we can find lots of fun things to do. Besides, we won't have any kids fighting, food flying, or 2 years olds poking us in eye at 4 am to see if we're awake...now that's exciting! I hope that this exhibit renews my inspiration to get my photography website up! I got my domain and host and now I just have to create it. I bought a book to help me out but I just need time to actually read it! This is probably my last post until next week. I will be back on Tuesday! Have a great weekend everyone!!







11 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Your card is beautiful, have a wonderful time in Washington.

Julia Aston said...

Beautiful card Danielle! Love how you colored and sparkled it! have a great time in DC and have fun at the photography exhibit!

Lauri said...

Great card! Have a great time! Can't wait to see your pictures!

jjcreations said...

This is a wonderful card.....
I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time at the photography exhibit. How exciting. I'm sure it will enspire you!!!! Joan

Rose Ann said...

Very pretty card!! Hope you have a wonderful time on your vacation!

Christina Carnoy said...

beautiful card!

wendyp said...

This is beautiful! Love how you colored it!!!

Anonymous said...

Good Grief Danielle ~ This is gorgeous!! I love the shimmer and the design of the card...as usual your work is perfect :)

Ila said...

This card is just Gorgous!! the hair is Amazing and So Beautiful!!..Your trip sounds like a great get a way...have a Wonderuful time!!

Kristin Edwards said...

This is an awesome card! I think you did great on the hair too!

Linsey R said...

Gorgeous card, Daniell! I love her beautiful curly locks, how pretty! Congrats on your award from the AJ girls! You are so deserving--you make many of my days with your sweet comments and your inspiration! And I hope you have a wonderful time in DC, what a super trip to take! And with no kids, yes!! Enjoy it and let us know how it was when you return! Looking forward to your new photography site--that will be great! hugs and bfn!