Monday, February 11, 2008

A Valentine for My Nephew


I've used this lion from High Hopes Stamps quite a bit and I'm sure I will many more times. I just can't get enough of that cute face...I just want to smoosh it and kiss it!! Since this was a Valentine for an 11 year old boy I didn't want it to be too mushy so I kept it simple...but I snuck in some lovey stuff anyway. The image is colored with prismas and OMS and painted over with ArtQuest pearlescent paint. I added some heart brads from Making Memories and a Martha Stewart heart I punched and wrote "Be Mine" on. That could have been neater...but I was too lazy to make another one. I felt like it still needed something so I added the bow-taking my chances with getting too girly for him! I think my nephew will like him, bow or not...especially the chocolate that is accompanying it!

4 comments:

kathleenh said...

Oh how cute! I love the expression on the lion's face. You did a beautiful job coloring him!

Rose Ann said...

This is soooo cute! I love your coloring, brads, and pretty ribbon!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, Danielle! It's sooo cute! Love your coloring.
Hugs and smiles

Ila said...

What a Fabulous card!!..I love everything you've done here..and your coloring is Gorgeous!!