Sunday, January 20, 2008

I Skipped Right Over Valentines...


Not really, I just couldn't resist using this guy I got in the mail today from Rubbernecker. It is freezing here today in the teens but we haven't had any real snow. It's a bummer because I really like the snow and this cold is just depressing without it. This card was fun to make even though Easter is a bit away...

I stamped Chip twice, once on watercolor paper and once on designer paper, all from Imaginisce, which I used to piece his shell. The entire image was cut out and placed onto the green dp layered with turquoise more dp and more turquoise. I added some ribbon and prima flowers with these great brads from Making Memories. There is also a "sugared" brad in the top left corner. I bought a whole package in all the pastels...they are gorgeous! I also added a bit of dimension to the flowers on the shell and where there would be natural highlights on the shell also with a clear gelly roll pen which really shines in the picture. I think he's just adorable and really helps to cheer up these dreary days!
Here's what I used:
Rubbernecker Stamps "Chip", Sentiment by Printworks
Design Paper by Imaginisce "for Peeps Sake", cardstock by Bazzill
Prima flowers, and all brads by Making Memories, ribbon from Michaels
Markers and waterbrush for watercoloring

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

ACKKKK!! I love this little chickie!......