Friday, July 9, 2010

Flourishes Friday Focus


Yeah, lets get this weekend started! This week over at Flourishes the focus is on recipes. I decided to make a recipe card showing one of my favorite cocktails! Join us and show us your favorite recipe!

DPK_FF_Jul9

Mmmm, mmmm…..who doesn’t love a margarita? These are scrumptious! I printed the recipe, from the Noble Pig website, on Flourishes Classic Ivory cardstock then I stamped over the text with the large peach image from the Cherries and Peaches stamp set in Memento Tangerine ink. I stamped the smaller peach image on a scrap of ivory and colored it with Copics. It was cut out and popped over a corner die cut that I stamped the word on. The bottom was edged with a scrap of Bo Bunny dot that I scalloped and layered with a piece of ivory crocheted trim. Just a simple piece of sheer dot ribbon and brad finishes it off.

Make sure you stop by the Noble Pig and check out all the scrumptious recipes! I haven't made one that I didn't like, and a few are absolutely my favorites! Cathy's humor, great storytelling, and gorgeous food pics alone are worth your time! Check it out!

Right now you can celebrate with the 12 days of Christmas
sale over at Flourishes! From the 7th through the 18th, all Christmas sets will be 25% off. All of the prices on these sets reflect the discount, so get shopping!

14 comments:

Dawn B. said...

I love that you added the trim at the bottom. That tangerine ink is perfect.. This sounds so good.. I am always looking for recipes like this.. Great job.

Betty Wright said...

Beautiful colors and detailing, Danielle! The sheer dotted ribbon tab detailing is great!

Carol Dee said...

YUMMY recipe and recipe card.

Silke Ledlow said...

Sounds delicious Danielle!!! Awesome recipe card!!! Hugs ~S~

Yogi said...

lovely recipe card. Love the colors

Joanne Travis said...

The orange stamp is really beautiful! Love your recipe card!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Cute recipe card, the trim and the lace at the bottom are great touch.

ChristineCreations said...

ooo preeettty Danielle, love the overstamping on the peaches and the strip of crochet trim!

Riet said...

So beautiful Danielle.

Hugs Riet.xx

Julie Koerber said...

Yum, yum, yum!!!!! I think I'm making peach margaritas this weekend! :-)

Leslie Miller said...

Mmmmmmm, this sounds delicious! Beautiful card, Danielle. Perfect to overstamp the large peaches image. Your coloring on the small peaches is outstanding. Love it!

Unknown said...

Soooooo beautiful, Danielle!! I love you used both peaches from the set...Great design!
I go for the peach margarita too :):)

Curt in Indy said...

My kind of recipe! Beautiful recipe card. Great job on this! Best, Curt

Marian said...

What an awesome idea stamping an image to appear under the recipe! Love it!