Thursday, June 18, 2009

Viva La Verve entries

Good morning! I decided to participate in the June Viva La Verve and had to do the first three weeks at once to catch up. The next and last challenge will be posted on Friday.

This one above is for this week, week 3 and the challenge was to have lots of white. So following the sketch and choosing orange (why oh why?) this is what I came up with. I was very unhappy with my first attempt and pulled it apart and tried again, but for some reason since I chose orange to begin with I was not going to let it defeat me and I had to make it work. While I love the color...just not lovin' it here. I used Abundant Blessings here, stamped all three flowers, cut them out, popped them up, added some Stickles... The sentiment is from So Happy.

This next one is for the week 2 challenge which is to use something new. The new here is the MME patterned paper that I bought quite some time ago and just pulled out. I thought it worked nicely with the Starlight Starbright and Swirly Stars sets I used here.
This last card is actually for week 1 for which the challenge was of three's...three papers, three embellishments, and three different stamp sets. Here I used three different patterned papers from DCWV Garden Party, and the three embellies are the pearl bodies on the butterfly, the pearls at the bottom, and the the ribbon and bow. The three stamps sets at Fluttering By, Abundant Blessings, and Birthday Surprise. The butterfly is edged with Stickles.

This one I am very happy with and I hope the next one is another great sketch. Check out the challenge! Have a great day.

17 comments:

Bonnie said...

You really are a Rockstar with these challenges Danielle! I love all three of these cards!! I haven't been ignoring you, I am SOOOOOO far behind on commenting I am disgusted with myself......I have the Color Throwdown done, but my camera is broken (can't even talk about it....ugh!) another disgusting topic.....

wv: dedis......"ded is" my camera...oh my..

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh cool, I love all of them.

Michele Kovack said...

All of them are just beautiful!!!

Amy Sheffer said...

WOW!! Gorgeous cards!

Tammi said...

Wow, great job on the challenges, all beautiful!

Maria Matter said...

Danielle, these are just fabulous!
Such pretty designs on each and every one! Beautiful!
blessings, Maria

LeAnne said...

These are ALL three lovely cards---I do like the orange one a tad bit more as I am partial to orange, but I have to say, the others are wonderful too! Stars, gingham, I love them all!

Candy said...

All of them are fabulous!!

jjcreations said...

Dawn - I love all of these!!!!! I love the orange in the first one, the browns and distressing in the second and the layout and pearls in the third! Awesome!!!

Crissy Armstrong said...

Danielle I love all three! I love the middle one with the stars. But the white and orange one is gorgeous! Orange is my least favorite color but you sure made it work here, even made me like that color!! The pink and brown card is gorgeous too. They are all three winners to me!

Julia Aston said...

Super cards Danielle! Love that star paper - I have it in slightly different colors - and your butterfly card is so pretty! I even like your orange card! (I don't use orange much for some reason!)

thanks for your note on my camera issues - I thought it might be a corrupted memory card at first but it has happened on 3 of them! and I can see the pictures on them when I put the cards into my separate photo printer - so I think it must be my camera - I'm stopping by a camera shop on my way home from work today to see if they can test it for me or something!

have a great weekend - hope it stops raining huh?!?!

Tammy Hershberger said...

LOVE 'em all!

Kelly Schelske said...

They are all super Danielle! I love the colors in every one!!

Hugs, Kelly

Denise Marzec said...

Love the orange and white combo...so fresh. Love the neutrals with the stars and hemp...such a cool rustic card. The third card is just sweet, sweet, SWEET!!...beautiful bow, pretty butterfly and I love the girly colors.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Danielle, I LOVE the orange and white - I can't tell that you struggled with it - the card is just sensational! Your other two are as well. Wonderful work.

Carol Dee said...

All three cards are perfect. I especially love the coral /brown and pearl one. Have a great weekend. Hugs

noble pig said...

Orange is my favorite color! I absolutely love it!