Thursday, April 23, 2009

I'll be seeing you...

It's just a long weekend for me-yippee!

I had ordered the Magnolia Spring Club package and am finally getting around to using another Tilda from the set of images that I received. She's such a cutie and the red was a perfect choice to go with my ladybug (and I had it out from yesterday's card, lol). She is colored with Copics and layered on some gorgeous double sided Crate Paper. I inked around both the main image and the mat with some Distress Ink in Brushed Cordouroy. The ribbon is from PTI and the flowers are from Michaels bridal which I colored with Copics and added flat backed pearl centers. Cute!

So about my weekend...I am leaving this morning (after I get the boys off to school and daycare) for a photography workshop in central New York offered through The Adirondack Photography Institute. The town is called North Bay. The leader, Eric Dresser, is an expert with wildlife photography and I am so excited to use my camera for something other than my cards! Actually it's a different camera, but I am still excited! Most of my workshops over the last 6 years have focused on nature photography of landscapes (both large and intimate portraits) and macro, which I love, but is murder on my back! With Eric we will be concentrating on birds and small mammals, which I have not done before. Not only is the itinerary exciting but I will be child free for 3 whole days! I return on Sunday sometime...maybe in time for dinner (that I will NOT be cooking, yay!). I love the solitude of a long drive too, although getting there is much more fun that driving home.

If you ever get the opportunity to take one of these workshops you will not be sorry! I know several of the instructors/photographers personally and they are not only my friends but the most wonderful artists and beautiful individuals. I would love to go more often but it's so hard with two small boys (besides, it's not free!).

So good bye, arrivederci, adios, bon au revoir, ciao...See ya next week! Have a fantastic weekend!

22 comments:

Poppy said...

lovely card,have a great weekend.
poppy

LeAnne said...

HAVE FUN! We'll miss you, though....

Tammy Hershberger said...

How cute! I hope, I hope, I hope I get time to play with the Tilda's you stamped for me this weekend! She is so adorable!

Candy said...

Adorable!! Have a great time!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Cutie, love the red, really pops.

Cathy Rulli said...

Cute card - love the colors - your weekend sounds like fun...have a great time!

Julia Aston said...

What a sweet card Danielle! love your wonderful coloring (as usual!) and the great Dp you matched it up with.

have a super fun time away!! can you teach me everything you learned when you get back!?!?!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Danielle,l love the stamp and colour.
so beautiful paper.

Hugs Riet.x

Tosha Leyendekker said...

So sweet and beautifully colored!!

Carol Dee said...

Adorable card. love the paper.

BUT I AM SO JEALOUS of your weekend plans! I love taking nature photography. Wish I could go.... My 35mm film camera bite the dirt when we had the fire :( I have not been able to replace it. Do not know what to get:( seems no one is make a 35 mm film camera anymore and digitel still makes me nervous and frusterated.

HAVE FUN

Denise Marzec said...

Gorgeous coloring girl. Have TONS of fun at your photography class!!

Rachel Liberty Photography said...

I'm jealous!! I would love to go on a trip like that! Love this card too...your coloring is always outstanding! Check out our blog we've left something for you!!

Ila said...

Gorgeous card and coloring!!...Sounds like your going to have a Great weekend...Have fun and safe travel!!..Hugs, Ila

Maria Matter said...

Fabulous!
love the red!!!
Blessings, Maria

Amy Sheffer said...

Beautiful!! Your coloring is amazing!!

Joseline said...

Great Card! Love your coloring too!!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, I envy you! I'd love to do something like that. I was so into photography for a while, but it was taking all my time and I wasn't digital yet. The expense and the pictures stacking up! Now I have a Canon Rebel digital that works with my L-series lenses, but my new Vista and laptop won't work with my camera. Sheesh! I'm sort of on hold right now...

Oh, and I love your card, too. You do the most awesome work! I just love everything you do!

Kelly Schelske said...

Such a pretty card!!

Rose Ann said...

Super sweet image, and amazing coloring too!! Love your pretty frame and flowers!!

Anonymous said...

This is just darling and your coloring is so pretty. Love the dp too!

Crissy Armstrong said...

This is just stunning, wow. The colors just pop off my screen! Beautiful, awesome, awe inspiring!

Anonymous said...

Hello
http://www.rhythmmethodlive.com/ - lexapro sale
Doctors and other professional nowadays recommend the same Lexapro drug to the patients who are suffering from depression.
[url=http://www.rhythmmethodlive.com/]purchase lexapro[/url]
The origin of this drug Lexapro is Escitalopram, or you can understand Lexapro as the most soomon name of Escitalopram.
cheap lexapro
The mechanism on which this Lexapro drug works is ststed below.